California House OKs $2.1 Billion Measure
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p41
Reports global developments related to bonds as of March 2004. Sale of general obligation bonds by the Alaska Municipal Bond Bank; Bid to streamline the operations of California Assembly; Renewal of the eminent domain powers of San Diego's City Council.
- California Assembly OKs Bill That Could Settle Half Moon Bay Lawsuit. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/4/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32892, p3
The article reports that the California Assembly has approved a bill that would settle a lawsuit involving the city of Half Moon Bay. The local government zoned the developer's property for new homes and built storm drains before imposing a sewer moratorium, thus converting the area into a...
- CALIFORNIA PU MATTRESS RECYCLING COMES A STEP CLOSER. // Urethanes Technology International;Aug/Sep2013, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the approval of the U.S. Natural Resources Committee of a bill passed by the California State Assembly, which aims to make mattress recycling mandatory.
- California Passes $99B Budget, Puts $7B Ran Deal in Pipeline. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p1
Reports the approval on the proposed fiscal budget by the Assembly in California. Use of the budget for the issuance of revenue anticipation note; Amount of the approved budget; Reliance on the anticipated sale of power revenue bonds by the budget.
- Calif. eases insurer collection of defense costs. Otis, L.H. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;3/18/96, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p3
States that the California appeals court has made it easier for insurers to recover cost relating to uncovered claims. Setback for Jerry Buss, Los Angeles Lakers owner; Decision in the case of Jerry Buss versus Superior Court of Los Angeles.
- New faces to recast California assembly. Sneider, Daniel // Christian Science Monitor;1/23/96, Vol. 88 Issue 39, p4
Reports on legislators in California who were forced to leave their seats because of California's term-limits law. Reference to member of California's State Assembly, Byron Sher; Comments from Sher; Examination of criticism of California's term limits; History of term limits in United States;...
- Summing up election in a word--moderation. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the moderate nature of Californian voters. Democrats regaining control of the state assembly; Comments from Ann Shanahan-Walsh, a San Diego political consultant; Information on the state legislature configuration.
- Calif. gets new showbiz panel. // Hollywood Reporter;4/6/95, Vol. 336 Issue 37, p7
Reports that the California Assembly's formation of the Select Committee on the Arts, the Entertainment Industry and Software and Technology. Purpose of the committee.
- IDs May Become Mandatory For California Nurses. Ventura, Marissa J. // RN;Oct98, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p14
Reports that the California Assembly passed a bill which requires healthcare providers to wear badges with their names and credentials. American state which pass a similar law; Other provision of the bill.