Beleaguered Midwest States Look for Cuts, Increased Revenues
- Texas Budget Stuck Over Revenue Issues, Rainy-Day Fund. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/2/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33509, p6
The article reports on the delay of the budget bill due to resistance of the proposed revenue increase in Dallas, Texas.
- REAL ESTATE TAX AS AN EFFECIENT SOURCE OF LOCAL BUDGETS' REVENUES. Skvortsova, Snizhana Y. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;Aug2013, Vol. 146 Issue 8, p109
The article considers the theoretical aspects of real estate taxation and analyzed the foreign experience in real estate taxation, considering inter alia the key problems and prospects for its application in Ukraine in order to form a stable and effective source of local budgets' revenues.
- Holcomb seeks $10M for flights. Colombo, Hayleigh // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/16/2017, Vol. 37 Issue 48, p1A
The article reports on the seek of Governor Eric Holcomb for $10 million budget for connectivity structures to attract more flights in the Indianapolis and cities in Indiana. Topics mentioned include the presentation of the budget in the Indiana General Assembly on January 10, 2017, the non-stop...
- Virginia Gov. Warner's Tax Return Reform Package Could Face Rough Ride. Vadum, Mathew // Bond Buyer;12/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31771, p5
Reports on the proposed tax reform package by Governor Mark R. Warner to increase revenues in Virginia. Scope of the plan; Proposal to raise taxes on wealthy individuals; Provision of local government the authority to tax cigarette purchases.
- SMALL TOWNS, BIG IDEAS. Groover, Joel // American City & County;Oct2004, Vol. 119 Issue 11, p28
Describes how the creativity of city and county managers in devising ways of raising money is helping local government finance. Entente agreement between Wickenburg and the Maricopa County in Arizona on saving money for infrastructure projects; Utilization by Delafield, Wisconsin of its...
- Setting the standards. Finkelstein, Ben // American City & County;Jul2006, Vol. 121 Issue 7, p28
The article points out that determining an investment portfolio's suitability will ensure that investment practice follows investment policy. Public fund managers should be able to harness the knowledge and the tools of portfolio theory to deliver what local governments desire most. Each fund...
- Revenue Mobilisation Performance of Union Parishad in Bangladesh: Is It Convergence of Central-Local Relations? Ullah, Anwar; Pongquan, Soparth // Asian Social Science;Feb2011, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p25
Despite several local revenue sources, Union Parishads (Councils) in Bangladesh are yet to perform optimal local revenue mobilisation. This paper evaluates Unions revenue trend and performance, budget and planning practices, effect of central grants on local revenue in the backdrop of central...
- D.C. Council Passes City Budget with Gray's Amendments. Wright, James // Washington Informer;12/9/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 58, p11
The article focuses on the supplementary budget passed by the District of Columbia (DC) Council on December 7, 2010. It states that the budget will not increase taxes but will mandate the furlough of city employees for four days and have budget cuts on some programs. It says that the budget was...
- City officials near completing budget. Sanders, Ronald K. // East Bernard Express (TX);9/7/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the near completion of a final draft for the local budget in East Bernard, Texas. About $387,000 revenue is being expected from the 15-cent property tax rate. Board of Alderman's finance committee members Charlie Bucek and Toby Hlavinka set an estimated expenditure of...