Austin Utilities to Ask Bondholders to Allow Sub Reserves
- Shielding local government: A look at bond insurance. Cohen, Natalie // American City & County;Sep2000, Vol. 115 Issue 13, p46
Focuses on the use of bond insurance by local governments in the United States. Background on the bond insurance industry in the 1970s; Options for investing retirement funds and short-term deposits in 2000; Effect of the internationalization of the financial market on municipal finance.
- Under Analysis. Caggiano, Matthew; Flynn, Carol // Best's Review;Mar2011, Vol. 111 Issue 11, p78
The article offers information on risks and opportunities which to be keep in mind while investing in municipal bonds in the U.S. It mentions that problems including unfunded pension, retiree health liabilities, and stressed state affect investments in municipal bonds. It suggests that limited...
- Developments in Federal Securities Regulation&mdash1974. Fraidin, Stephen // Business Lawyer;Jan1976, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p653
Reports developments related to the regulation of federal securities in the United States. Rules and court decisions in restructuring securities industry; Improvement of public confidence on security market; Contribution of state and local government units on federal regulation of dealers.
- UNDERWRITERS & DEALERS. // Bond Buyer;01/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31053, p32
Presents charts related to bond underwriters and dealers in the United States.
- Benefit fraud detection incentives 'too low'. // Public Finance;10/27/95, p3
Reports the call of local authorities for the reform of fraud incentive scheme by the social security department in Great Britain. Demand for the increase of the councils' share of savings; Need for the department to contribute to the running costs of the councils; Viability of a nationwide...
- Detroit to Kick Off Fall Issuance With $150M in Two Sales. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/3/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31711, p34
Reports on the rise of Detroit to refund bonds in Chicago, Illinois. Assessment of risk management fund of Detroit; Prediction regarding the proceed of bonds issued by Detroit;
- WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BOND INSURANCE? Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Jan2010, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p38
The article discusses the bond insurance meltdown which affects states and local government. It says that the collapsed in the bond insurance happened in early 2008 wherein those governments that purchased insurance protection faced penalty rates of 12 percent or more. It mentions that many...
- Indirect Aid for Uncertain Times: The Use of State Credit Enhancement Programs. Ely, Todd L. // Municipal Finance Journal;Summer2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p61
In 2011, state and local governments issued nearly $300 billion in long-term debt. Only 5% of that amount was enhanced with private bond insurance, compared to almost half of all debt issued just a few years earlier. The availability of private bond insurance, which is used to lower borrowing...
- Financial lockdown. Barkin, Robert // American City & County;Aug2009, Vol. 124 Issue 8, p32
The article reports that several state and local governments across the U.S. fail to issue bonds that will finance their projects due to the collapse of the bond insurance market in 2009. It describes the problems facing the Florida Municipal Loan Program. It discusses the impact of the collapse...