Bank, Perdido Housing Locked In War of Words Over Default
- South Trust Contests Vote to Remove It From Florida Housing Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31387, p4
Reports the reaction of SouthTrust Bank (STB) on bondholders voted for the removal of the bank as trustee of the revenue bonds issued by Perdido Housing Corp. in Florida. Replacement of SouthTrust with the Bank of Oklahoma; Refusal of STB to pay the principal payment owed to the company; Delay...
- Bondholders Boot SouthTrust Bank as Trustee for Florida Housing Issue. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p30
Reports the vote of bondholders on the removal of SouthTrust Bank. Failure of the bank to pay caused bonds to default; Issuance of the bonds in 1996 for the Lamplighter housing project by Perdido Housing Corp.; Anticipation on the final ruling on whether it erred in nonpayment.
- SouthTrust bank Quits as Trustee in Perdido Housing Case. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31404, p3
Reports the removal of South Trust Bank as trustee for the revenue bonds of Perdido Housing Corp. and other housing operations in Florida. Dismissal of a declaratory judgment action request filed in November; Acquisition of issuer of necessary number of votes to replace the South Trusts; Reason...
- SouthTrust: Building blocks. Reynolds, Rhonda // Black Enterprise;Oct95, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p54
Reports on the slow and steady growth of the Birmingham, Alabama-based SouthTrust Corp. Venture into other southeastern states; Hot spots for SouthTrust; Aggressive growth plan.
- Moving images to PCS. Radigan, Joseph // U.S. Banker;Jan95, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p14
Reports that SouthTrust Corp. has bought a check-processing system based on client/server technology. Acceptance for this technology; Advantage over mainframes; Other banks that bought the equipment.
- SouthTrust buying FFE Financial, a Fla. thrift. // American Banker;11/15/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 221, p5
Reports on Birmingham, Alabama-based SouthTrust Corp.'s definitive agreement to acquire Englewood, Florida-based FFE Financial Corp.
- SouthTrust unit to move. // American Banker;1/4/94, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p5
Reports on move of SouthTrust Bank of Georgia's corporate headquarters to the One Georgia Center building in Atlanta. Total area of office space leased; Schedule of move; Bank as a unit of SouthTrust Corp.
- SouthTrust: Stealth makes wealth. Hackney, Holt // FW;12/6/94, Vol. 163 Issue 25, p24
Features SouthTrust bank based in Birmingham, Alabama. Trading at only eight times 1995 estimated earnings; Earnings gains every year for the last two decades except for 1990.
- Special fund approved for disabled Texans. // American Rehabilitation;Winter90, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on the Comprehensive Medical Rehabilitation Trust Fund which was signed into law by Governor Ann Richards and administered by Texas Rehabilitation Commission (TRC). Sponsors of the bill; Functions of the bill; Revenue estimated by the conservative; Expectation of TRC to the trust fund. ...