IRS Releases New Rules On Hospitals
- IRS may broaden ruling. Hallam, Kristen // Modern Healthcare;03/30/98, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p28
Focuses on the US Internal Revenue Service ruling on whole-hospital joint ventures between for-profits and not-for-profits. Coverage of the ruling; Ruling for not-for-profit corporations that once owned hospitals to remain labeled `public charities.'
- Final regs on reasonable basis and reasonable cause. Woehlke, James A. // CPA Journal;Jan1996, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p43
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Department of the Treasury issued final regulations which defined `reasonable basis' and `reasonable cause.' Description of regulation; Background information.
- A Practical Guide to the U.S. Advance Pricing Agreement Process. Wrappe, Steven C.; Soba, George H. // Tax Executive;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p454
Discusses about the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) Advance Pricing Agreement (APA) Program. Explanation of the APA process; Efforts of the IRS to accommodate smaller taxpayers and smaller transactions; Types of taxpayers who are interested in the APA process.
- High Medicare premiums from signing up too late. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;5/15/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 121, p13
Discusses financial questions, which include paying penalties for failure to join Medicare at age 65 and how to report a gift of stock to the United States Internal Revenue Service.
- Tax and estate planning notes. // Army Lawyer;Oct95, Issue 275, p28
Looks at the regulations of the Internal Revenue Service that provides certain allowance received by members of the armed services in relocating are not included in gross income. Dislocation allowance; Temporary lodging allowance; Impact of the Omnibus Budget and Reconciliation Act of 1993.
- The IRS Mission. // Internal Revenue Bulletin;02/13/2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 7, preceding p368
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various topics within the bulletin including revenue rulings, procedures of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and tax conventions of the U.S.
- Here's how the IRS is going to start treating you better. K.S. // Money;Dec1997, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p28
Reports on some of the key changes that Congress is likely to enact in 1998 pertaining to the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) abuses. Taxpayers no longer being guilty until proven innocent in court cases; Private citizens monitoring the IRS; More privacy during an IRS audit.
- New tax ruling creates depreciation windfall. // Journal of Property Management;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the tax ruling that allows taxpayers to change their method of accounting and take additional current deductions. Filing of application at the US Internal Revenue Service.
- Abbreviations. // Internal Revenue Bulletin;3/24/2014, Vol. 2014 Issue 13, pi
The article lists the abbreviations use and formerly used in the "Internal Revenue Bulletin" of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service along with a numerical finding list, notices and revenue rulings.