Two Turns for the Worse
- More than numbers. Saphir, Ann // Modern Healthcare;08/21/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p26
Analyzes the factors that influence hospital credit ratings in the United States. Tales of order of hospital credit rating; Importance of assessing executive character and quality in determining credit rating of hospitals; Factors that contributed to projected downgrading of the not-for-profit...
- Leading indicators. Kirchheimer, Barbara // Modern Healthcare;05/15/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p36
Focuses on the bankers' views on health care companies in the United States. Factors that influence healthcare credit risk; Financial performance of hospitals; Categories for the determination of a hospital or healthcare system's rating.
- What's a credit rating worth? Moore Jr., J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;01/17/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p40
Examines what credit rating can and not do in the United States (US). Information on the deterioration in the credit outlook in the US not-for-profit hospitals; Importance of strategy; What bond rating indicates.
- Moody's: Children's Hospitals Look Stable. // Bond Buyer;10/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30994, p2
Reports on the effects of credit volatility on children's hospitals in the United States.
- Weighed down by debt. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;9/3/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p69
Explains the reasons of rating agencies for downgrading the credit ratings of hospitals in the United States. List of initiatives taken by Memorial Hospital in Rancho Mirage, California to improve its profit; Credit rating of Memorial Hospital; Status of the hospitals' leverage between 1997 and...
- MONEY TALK. Betbeze, Philip // HealthLeaders Magazine;Aug2007, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p54
The article focuses on the credit ratings of some hospitals in the U.S. Moody's Investors Service upped the rating of Princeton, West Virginia-based Princeton Community Hospital to B2. Standard & Poor's downgraded the rating of Sharon, Pennsylvania-based Sharon Regional Health System to BBB+...
- Rating Agencies. // Bond Buyer;03/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31104, p6a
Presents news briefs pertaining to selected rating agencies' outlook for hospitals in the United States for the year 2001. Standard & Poor's; Moody's Investors Service; Fitch.
- The Ratings Slide. Haugh, Richard // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Aug99, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on hospital credit ratings in the United States. Decline in hospital bond rating; Comments from Dennis Farrell, managing director of the not-for-profit health care sector at Moody's Investors Service; Overview of the capital crisis; Rating distribution of not-for-profit hospitals.
- Wisconsin Health System Gets Upgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;4/17/2015, p24
The article discusses improvement in credit rating of Aspirus Inc. located in Wisconsin, U.S. as upgraded by company Standard & Poor's citing comments of analyst Suzie Desai from the report featuring this and mentioning that Aspirus aims at improved care and technology practices.