Amendment Seen as Roadblock to SRF Funding Measure
- Diffuse pollution in Japan: issues and perspectives. Yamada, K. // Water Science & Technology;2007, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p11
Many parts of Japan have experienced rapid urbanization and industrialization over the past 50 years. This trend resulted in severe water pollution in many urban areas. To address the pollution problems, several measures such as construction of sewerage systems and enactment of laws and...
- New laws give incentive to stopping sewage overflows. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;1/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p16
Reports the legislation on sewage overflows reduction in Michigan. Increase in the monetary match of the federal government; Exemptions to the legislation; Implication of the legislation for the Supreme Court.
- County approves sewer hookup credits. // Inside Tucson Business;6/29/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 57, p4
Information on the measure approved by the Pima County Board of Supervisors, in Arizona, that will give sewer hookup credits to new development projects, is presented.
- Burnet sewer bill may double. Walker, James // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/17/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 46, p1A
The article projects that the average monthly residential sewer bill in Burnet, Texas will almost double due to the construction of the city's planned wastewater plant.
- Bankrupt JeffCo Seeks to Delay Sewer System Litigation. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;6/17/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33929, p20
The article reports the Federal Bankruptcy Judge Thomas Bennett has accepted the request of Jefferson County, Alabama, for holding an expedited hearing to consider the county's motion to postpone the pending litigation on the issues related to its over clouted sewer system.
- Distributed Systems Provide Alternative to Traditional Wastewater Networks. Lindell, Craig // WaterWorld;Oct2003, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p62
Focuses on the significance of decentralized wastewater treatment as alternative to traditional wastewater networks in the U.S. Requirements under the municipal sewer codes; Use of an open space for treated wastewater disposal and storm water management; Need to form legislation for upgrades in...
- Sewers expectation. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Dec2011, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p2
The article offers information on the new "Sewers for Adoption 7" document, drafted alongside the Private Sewers Transfer legislation which Radius Systems principal distributor Burdens expects implementation to come into effect in Great Britain in April 2012.
- Bills would earmark $125M for sewage fixes. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;02/05/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p43
Focuses on the legislation aimed at providing loan funds to repair sewage systems in Michigan. Estimates of loan funds; Concerns over sewage overflows; Need for implementing drainage systems; Efforts of the government to improve water quality. INSET: SEWAGE LEGISLATION..
- NI water industry to stay public. Gosling, Paul // Public Finance;10/10/2003, p13
Announces the retention of water and sewerage services of Northern Ireland as a public entity instead of privatizing it. Number of petitions passed to the Department for Regional Development against the proposed reform; Cost of improving the water service infrastructure and the number of years...