Omaha's Thirst for Power Could Bring Major Bond Sale
- OPPD's North Omaha Station Takes PRBCUG Honors. Peltier, Robert // Power;Jan2014, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p63
The article announces that the North Omaha Station (NOS) of the Omaha Public Power District (OPPD) was awarded the 2013 Plant of the Year - Small Plant Catergory by the Powder River Basin Coal Users' Group (PRBCUG).
- CONSTRUCTION AND CONTRACTS. // Power Engineering;Jul2002, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p21
Provides an update on construction and contracts in the U.S. power generation industry as of July 2002. Details on the facility plan of Omaha Public Power District; Information on the agreement between Sermatech Power Solutions and Doyle I LLC; Contract received by Global Energy Concepts from...
- The Week Ahead: Massachusetts Poised to Lead Calendar With $750M Sale. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/15/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31491, p7
Presents information on the bond offerings to be placed in the U.S. market for the week starting on October 21, 2002. Details of the general obligation refunding bonds to be issued by Massachusetts; Terms and conditions of the bonds issued by Omaha Public Power District; Municipal bonds to be...
- Omaha District Powering Through Flood Crisis, Analysts Say. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/27/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33539, p5
The article focuses on the statement from analysts concerning the response of the Omaha Public Power District (OPPD) to the flood crisis in Omaha, Nebraska. According to John Medina, public power analyst with Moody's Investors Service, the OPPD responded to the flooding crisis through a...
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;2/7/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32811, p2
A correction to the article about the bond rating of Omaha Public Power District that was published in the February 6, 2008 issue is presented.
- Retail Snatches Up Nearly Half Of Omaha Power District Deal. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/2/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33526, p3
The article reports on the intention of Omaha Public Power District to price its electric system revenue bonds up to 150 million on June 2, 2011.
- Omaha Power District Selling $120M Of BABs, Delays $125M Refuding. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/2/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33409, p7
The article offers information on the effort of the Omaha Public Power District (OPPD) to hit the market with 120 million U.S. dollars of taxable Build America Bonds (BABs) while delaying a 125 million U.S. dollar refunding issue amid lower-than-expected market savings.
- UPDATES. Kelly, Sean // Communications News;Jan2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p94
Presents news briefs on wireless communication systems. Importance of wireless communications to the California Highway Patrol; Information on the maintenance check conducted by the Omaha Public Power District on several electric power plants; Replacement of the network management software owned...
- OPPD Gets 1st Fitch Rating. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/18/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32489, p35
The article focuses on the AA rating assigned by Fitch Ratings Inc. for Omaha Public Power District (OPPD) company in Nebraska. According to reports, the outlook is stable on the rating, which is an implied revenue bond rating in anticipation of the OPPD's plans to issue mandated project bonds...