Flow Control Comeback
- Philippines : Gratuity benefit option for govand#39;t employees. // TendersInfo News;7/31/2014, p1
The article offers information on the Philippines House Bill 4289 authored by Republicans Neri Colmenares and Carlos Isagani Zarate for providing government employees a full lump sum payment gratuity equivalent to one-month salary for every year of service.
- Chains plan to sue IRS over back FICA taxes. Mclaughlin, John // Restaurant Business;9/1/93, Vol. 92 Issue 13, p21
Reports on the planned lawsuit of three chains of the restaurant industry against the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for charging them overdue taxes on staffers' unreported tip income. IRS's conferences on enforcement of federal tip-tax laws; Implications of tax enforcement program.
- Congress eyes tip rule. // Crain's New York Business;8/2/93, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p25
Reports on a possible change regarding the tip rule in restaurants by Congress. Income tax deduction for any Social Security taxes restaurants pay on employee's tips; Restaurant owners upset by the move to cut the deduction from 50% to 80%; Options considered to soften impact of provision.
- Reaching a tipping point. Hart, Simon // Farmers Weekly;3/30/2007, Vol. 146 Issue 13, p37
The author reflects on incidents of fly-tipping in Great Britain. He states that fly-tipping is one of the most overt and persistent attacks on the countryside. The number of fly-tipping incidents reported by local authorities and the Environment Agency in 2006 was nearly 2.5 million. A...
- Tronc or no tronc? Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Oct90, Vol. 106 Issue 1166, p56
Focuses on the case concerning tips or tronc arrangement in Great Britain. Background of the case; Chancery Court's ruling that an arrangement for tips operated by a company is not a tronc arrangement.
- Legislative developments. // Professional Manager;Nov2009, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses the latest legislative developments being made that promotes better tipping practices among businesses in Great Britain. It mentions that new codes for best practices were launched through the help of various business organizations, which include giving a wage increase of...
- Washington Report. // HR Specialist;Jul2012, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p4
The article offers news briefs related to labor policy issues in the U.S. including the regulations for employees' tips, the demise of Paycheck Fairness Act, and the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) for disabled veterans.
- Remuneration includes tips on credit cards. // Accountancy;Nov94, Vol. 114 Issue 1215, p112
The article reviews a case about the issue of whether tips to waiters are within the scope of remuneration under the Wages Act of 1986 in Great Britain. The distribution of tips through restaurant's pay-as-you-earn (PAYE) system is discussed. The British High Court concluded that tips included...
- Court Affirms Tip Pooling Policy As Long As Recipients Are Not Management Level. SKEEN, SPENCER C. // San Diego Business Journal;2/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p22
The article reports on the decision of the Sixth Appellate District of California to uphold a casino's tip-pooling arrangement with card dealers who work at the casino.