Massachusetts Gov. Swift Pulls Out of Gubernatorial Race
- The Challenge for Jane Swift. // BusinessWest;Mar2001, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p12
Editorial. Focuses on challenges faced by Massachusetts Governor Jane Swift. Need for the public to see past her well-documented public relations problems; Errors of judgment; Positive force on such issues as convention center funding and development of the biotech industry.
- Andrea Cabral Named Massachusetts' First Black Female Sheriff. // Jet;12/9/2002, Vol. 102 Issue 25, p4
Mentions how Andrea Cabral was named as the first black female sheriff of Massachusetts. How she was appointed to the Suffolk County by acting Governor Jane Swift; Her job at the Suffolk district attorney's office.
- Massachusetts Senate race. // Human Events;4/21/95, Vol. 51 Issue 15, p17
Reports on the choices for the Senate seat in Massachusetts. Announcement of retirement of Democratic incumbents; Ed Brooke; John Kerry; Mitt Rooney; William Weld; Ted Kennedy; Jim Rappaport.
- Early Primary States: Massachusetts. // Advocate;3/6/84, Issue 389, p24
Reports on the level of gay political involvement in Massachusetts as of March 6, 1984.
- Clarification. // Bay Windows;4/26/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p6
A correction to the article "11th Norfolk District special election: still scary" that was published in the April 26, 2007 issue is presented.
- Counties in distress. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;10/21/97 Supplement New England, Vol. 322, p8A
Focuses on whether Massachusetts' 14 counties are useful and sufficiently functional forms of government. Concerns on counties' failure and debts; Hospital financial troubles; Scheduled shutdown of Hampden and Worcester; Percentage of expenditures and school enrollment. INSET: A closer look at...
- Joe for Gov? Zeman, N. // Newsweek;12/25/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 26, p6
Reports that Rep. Joe Kennedy and Boston University President John Silber may run for governor of Massachusetts.
- Boston is talking... // Newsweek;7/3/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p8
Summarizes three hot political topics in Massachusetts: the upcoming race for governor and possible contenders; The New England mafia's recent violence; The shrinking high-tech empire.
- HOW'S YOUR POLITICAL I.Q.? // Human Events;9/7/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 31, p21
A quiz about political events and history in Massachusetts is presented.