Indianapolis Approves Sale for Water System
- ENVIRONMENT. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/6/2009, Issue 323993, p4
The article reports on the introduction of water legislations by Senators Dave Cogdill and Dean Florez in California. It notes that Cogdill launched the SB 371 to ensure safe and reliable water supply. Moreover, the bill demands $9.98 billion in general obligation bonds to invest to the aging...
- And on tap. Geyer, Anne // Business Mexico;Jul1993, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the contract entered into by the Mexican government and Aguas de Mexico S.A. de C.V. to improve municipal water management. Joint venture of Gutsa and North West Water; Contract details; Improved metering and delivery; Fixed charge for water; Control of leaks; Cleaning of water pipes.
- Water as a salable crop. // Newsweek;12/2/1985, Vol. 106 Issue 23, p52
The wave of the future lies in recently passed House legislation that requires local sponsors of hundreds of reservoir and dam projects to pay part of the cost. But an even more intriguing new water idea teams an unlikely consortium of conservationists and right-wing economists into a school of...
- Water policy is too complex for our part-time council. Woodard, Gary C. // Inside Tucson Business;9/25/95, Vol. 5 Issue 26, p5
Opinion. Comments on developments related to the government's water policy in Tucson, Arizona. Public debate on local water issues; Water Consumer Protection Act initiative; Arguments for and against the initiative.
- MPs told water cleanup is money down the drain. Pearce, Fred // New Scientist;5/8/93, Vol. 138 Issue 1872, p5
Reports on British Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology findings that one billion pounds sterling misspent in nitrates and pesticides removal from tap water should have been spent in replacing unsafe lead pipes. Standards set by the European Community Drinking Water Directive of 1980;...
- The excuses run dry. // New Scientist;7/24/93, Vol. 139 Issue 1883, p3
Comment. Criticizes Great Britain's water charges, the cost of implementing clean water directives implemented by the European Commission. Water resources mismanagement during the 1980s; Attempt to clean up drinking water made unfit to drink by third parties; Sums involved.
- Water war crests. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;7/31/95, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p22
Informs about the accusations made by Giuliani administration against New York City Comptroller Alan Hevesi for playing politics following his blockage of a deal to sell the city's water system to a quasi-independent Water Board.
- Bottled water. Lambert, Victor // FDA Consumer;Jun93, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p8
Looks at the increase in popularity of bottled water that is happening nationwide. Average consumption by Americans; Bottled water quality standards; Proposed regulations by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA); Comments by Terry Troxell, PhD, director of the FDA's division of programs and...
- Edgewood Lake Low, Water Bills Higher. Malcik, Vy Townsend // Grand Saline Sun (TX);12/9/2010, Vol. 114 Issue 49, p5
The article reports on the action made by the Edgewood city officials to address the insufficient water supply from Edgewood Lake in Texas.