Atlantic City Medical Center Hits Uncertain Market With $116M Deal
- Suburban Detroit Hospital Prepares Its Largest Issue Ever. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/03/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31131, p32
Focuses on preparations of William Beaumont Hospital for the sale of single issue refunding bonds and new-money in Chicago, Illinois. Negotiation between hospital officials and triple-A rated insurers; Affirmation of the Fitch AA-minus rating of the hospital debt system; Need of capital project...
- Long Beach, Calif., may pay down debt service if land deal comes through. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/20/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30375, p3
Focuses on a plan by the Long Beach, California Financing Authority to seek clearance to sell refunding lease-revenue debt to complete a project that had been shelved since 1992. Series of bonds at twice-annual coupon payment date; Insurance of bonds by MBIA Insurance Corp.
- Dallas schools aim to fast-track underwriter team, deal for early '99. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30543, p3
Focuses on Dallas Independent School District's search for an underwriting team to handle an expected refunding in 1999. Board of Trustees' postponement of bond referendum it had planned for February 1999; Projected savings from the refunding; School district's involvement in scandal that led...
- Broward County, Fla., to Refund ARS and Switch Insurers. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/23/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32905, p4
The article reports on the plan of Broward County, Florida to refund up to $110 million of auction-rate securities (ARS) and replace the debt with variable-rate demand obligations (VRDO) with triple-A rated bond insurance policy. According to the author, Broward County Commissioners are expected...
- Now Positive, Michigan Airport Agency Readies Refunding. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p7
Reports that the Wayne County, Michigan Airport Authority plans to bring refunding to the bond market. Authority's return to the market to complete a swap that it agreed to as part of a larger bond issued in 2003; Bond insurer; Bond rating.
- Louisiana OKs Plan to Refund $92M of East Baton Rouge ARS. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32841, p6
The article focuses on the approval of the East Baton Rouge Parish plan to refund $92.2 million of adjustable-rate revenue bonds issued in 2006 in Louisiana. The refunding would replace the Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC) insurance policy with a letter of credit from Dexia Credit Local....
- FLORIDA: Citizens $1.2B Deal Rated. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p31
The article reports on the ratings received by the Citizens Property Insurance Corp. for its planned sales of up to $1.2 billion of high-risk account senior-secured refunding bonds in Florida. An A-plus was given by Standard & Poor's to the deal and a stable outloo to the credit and affirmed the...
- Florida County Sets $238M for Convention Center. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/26/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32119, p4
The article reports that Orange County, Florida, will competitively sell about $238.3 million of tourist development tax refunding revenue bonds on behalf of the Orange County Convention Center. The deal is structured with serial bonds maturing from 2006 through 2031, and a term bond due in...
- Northeast Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; Newman, Emily; O'Brien, Elizabeth; Cataldo, Adam L.; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32015, p35
Focuses on bond deals in northeast United States. General obligations bond; Refunding; Underwriters.