Standard & Poor's Puts Washington GO Rating on Negative CreditWatch
- S&P Scenario Sees Tight Times for Calif. Cities. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/20/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31269, p4
Reports that according to the U.S. rating agency Standard & Poor, budget planners in California could face a $14 billion cumulative revenue shortfall in 2003. Reason why cities may fare better than states in terms of revenue shortfall; Difficulty experienced by the state in balancing of...
- S&P Puts Pittsburgh on Negative Watch, Citing Budget Woes. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;8/27/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31707, p5
Reports that with Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania nearly three quarters of the way through the fiscal year 2003 and still grappling with a structural budget deficit, Standard & Poor's Corp. placed the city's underlying A-minus general obligation rating on CreditWatch negative on August 26, 2003. ...
- Pima County, Ariz., Regional Transportation Upgraded to AA-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;5/16/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F319, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has raised its rating to AA-plus from AA on the Regional Transportation Authority of Pima County, Arizona's transportation excise tax revenue bonds and also presents the statement of Standard & Poor's credit analyst Sarah Sullivant.
- Wayne State University Nets Fitch Upgrade. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31242, p31
Focuses on the upgrading of Wayne State University's credit to AA-minus from A-plus by Fitch Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Plans of selling the auction-rate securities; Implications of the upgrade by Fitch to the debt of the university; Affirmation of Standard and Poors rating.
- Hutto, Tex., GOs Raised To BBB-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;11/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32507, p2
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgrade its rating on general obligation debt of Hutto, Texas one notch to BBB-plus from BBB. The agency based its rating on the city's steady property tax base growth, improved financial position, and self-support of debt. Also, the rating...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p33
Focuses on the bond transactions in the southeastern states of the United States as of August 2001. Boost in bond revenues of the Tampa Port Authority in Florida as rated by Standard & Poor; Upgrade in revenue bond status from A3 to A2 of Panama city; Increase in revenue collection of Georgia...
- Greer's Utility Upgrade. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/29/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32288, p24
The article reports on the upgrading of Greer, Arizona's combined utility system revenue bonds to A from A-minus by Standard & Poor's Corp. reflecting continued customer growth that mitigates the need for rate increases that would exacerbate the system's high rate structure. It also reflects...
- University of Puerto Rico Ratings Lowered To BB/. // Bond Buyer;7/18/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F327, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has lowered its long-term rating and underlying rating (SPUR) on the University of Puerto Rico's (UPR) existing university system revenue bonds to 'BB' from 'BB+' and also assigned a negative outlook.
- S&P Changes N.Y. Outlook to Negative, Citing Deficits. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31638, p3
Standard & Poor's revised its outlook on New York's credit rating to negative from stable over concerns that the $92.8 billion spending plan adopted by the state Legislature will lead to budget deficits because revenues don't match future spending. The agency currently assigns a AA rating to the...