Municipals Finish Little Changed; New Supply is Market's Next Test
- Banks or bonds? Rates, spreads mean more may turn to munis. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;03/09/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30594, p1
Focuses on the trend towards the use of municipal bonds instead of bank loans by small issuers in the United States due to decreasing rates and widening of the spread to Treasuries. Increase in supply of high-yield paper; Reasons for the scarcity of high-yield paper; Interest rates; Municipal...
- S&P: Disclose Bank Loans or Risk Rating. Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;5/16/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F319, p1
The article reports that credit rating agency Standard & Poor's has sent warning letters to issuers regarding losing their ratings for not disclosing their direct loans in May 2014. It states that move came forward after concern over hidden debt exposure in the municipal bond market. Information...
- Puerto Rico Power Utility Extends Bank Loans Through July 31. // Bond Buyer;7/9/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34140, p1
The article focuses on the extension of repayment of bank loans until July 31, 2014 by the power utility Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA) following the negotiation with creditors. Topics discussed include impact of the new deadline providing a chance for the utility to pay off its...
- Chicago BOE Situation Watched by S&P; No Action Now. // Bondbuyer.com;3/24/2015, p33
The article reports on the potential reaction of the Chicago Board of Education (CBOE) in Illinois to possible swap termination payments that is being monitored by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services following the downgrade of CBOE's general obligation (GO) debt. Several avenues for CBOE to...
- Voluntary Disclosure on Direct Loans Seen As Falling Short. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/2/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34336, p1
Issuers need to disclose any and all bank loans so that investors and ratings analysts have a clear picture of the $60 billion market, panelists said at a Bond Buyer event in Chicago.
- As demand drops, so does the muni-bond contract. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p31
Focuses on the performance of municipal bond futures in the United States as of January 1998. Factors affecting the market's performance; Prospects for municipal bond futures.
- Futures Markets. // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p32
Cites a tabular representation of information related to futures market as of February 7, 2003. Number of Municipal Bond Index contract traded on February 5, 2002; Open interest of U.S. Treasury Bonds on February 5, 2002; Estimated number of U.S. Treasury Notes contracts traded.
- Futures Markets. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p34
Presents chart depicting the statistics of the U.S. futures market. Estimated number of contracts traded; Rates of municipal bond index; Principal value of futures contracts.
- Daily trading ranges of municipal bond index futures. // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p37
Presents a graph that tracks the daily trading ranges of municipal bond index futures for the September contract as of July 14, 1997.