U.S. Trade Deficit Rose 15.4% in Jan
- October trade deficit falls to $14.2 billion. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;12/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30543, p2
Reports that the total trade deficit in the United States dropped in October 1998 with the increase in exports of goods and services. Optimism projected for the country's trading relations; Total trade imbalance caused by financial troubles abroad; International trade data released by the US...
- January Trade Deficit Up 5.3% to Record $68.5B. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article reports that the trade deficit of the United States has risen in January 2006. The deficit recorded a 5.3 percent increase or $3.4 billion. The Commerce Department reported that the month's goods and services deficit came as exports increased by 2.5 percent or $2.8 billion. Imports...
- Speaking about Trade to the Open-Minded Skeptic. Roberts, Russell // CATO Journal;Winter2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p439
Suggests ways to communicate good economics to the open-minded skeptic. How the numerical impact of exports on job growth is measured by the United States Department of Commerce; Argument of economist and writer Frederic Bastiat on trade balance; Conclusion.
- Trade Deficit Up 1.8% To $59.0B in August. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;10/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32238, p2
Reports on the rise of trade deficits in August 2005, according to the data released by the Commerce Department in the U.S. Deficit in the August goods and services due to the expansion of exports; Increase of imports.
- Trade Deficit Rises To Record $43.1B. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p2
Reports on the increase in the nation's trade deficit in January 2004 according to the Commerce Department. Trade gap in December 2003; Projected deficit for January; Goods and services deficit; Total exports; Total imports.
- U.S. rubber product deficit rises 5.2% for Nov. // Rubber & Plastics News;5/18/2015, Vol. 44 Issue 21, p0010
The article reports on the trade deficit in the U.S. rubber products which grew by 5.2 percent in November 2014. It compares the difference of the deficit between 2014 and 2015, based on the data from the Department of Commerce. It notes that imports more than doubled exports in November 2014,...
- U.S. rubber trade deficit hits $1 billion in April. // B to B;11/18/2013, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p22
The article reports on data from the U.S. Department of Commerce, which revealed that the rubber product trade deficit topped out at just more than 1 billion dollars for April 2013. According to data, exports declined 2.4 percent on the month to 892.2 million dollars, while imports increased 1.3...
- January Trade Deficit Dips To $59.1B From $61.5B. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32584, p2
The article reports on the decline of the trade deficit in January 2007, according to the data released by the Commerce Department in the U.S. The January goods and services deficit declined as exports increased 1.1 percent or $1.4 billion to $126.7 billion from $125.3 billion in December....
- U.S rubber product deficit jumps 6 percent in Feb. // Rubber & Plastics News;11/29/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p9
This article reports that the U.S. rubber product trade deficit expanded 6 percent in February, despite exports growing faster than imports. The deficit rose to $328 million during the month, as imports grew 10.5 percent to $748.8 million and exports jumped 14.3 percent to $420.8 million,...