Enron Fallout Reaches Connecticut; CRRA Advisers Slapped With Lawsuit
- FINANCE. Pawsey, Vanessa // Lawyer;2/4/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p15
Explains that the bankruptcy scandal of Enron Corp. in the U.S. has caused European law firms to focus on insolvency procedure. Warning issued by PricewaterhouseCooper that more European energy company could follow the fate of Enron; Discussion on the trading skills of European energy firms.
- CORPORATE. Power, Helen // Lawyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p9
Reveals the law firms that benefited from the problem of Enron Corp. in 2001. Creditors to Enron Europe; Law firm that advised the sale of Enron Direct to Centrica; Other factor that affected legal service business in 2001.
- US firms rack up the hours as Enron bonanza goes on. Vere-Jones, Emma // Lawyer;9/9/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p7
Focuses on the impact of the Enron case on law firms in the U.S. Earnings of firms from the Enron case; Average billing rate of firms; Efforts of firms on getting involved in the Enron case.
- Enron's Financial Woes Spill Over Onto Two Texas Pension Funds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31293, p3
Reports on impacts of investments made in Houston, Texas-based company Enron Corp. on Texas pension funds. Reason for filing a lawsuit by Enron Corp. against the company Dynegy Inc.; Impacts of the bankruptcy faced by Enron on the state; Effect of the event on private funds.
- Enron: The Power's Back On. Davies, Erin // Fortune;4/13/1998, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p24
Discusses how for the first time in years, Wall Street is enthusiastic about Enron, the world's leading integrated natural-gas and electricity company. The rise in the stock price; The reason for Wall Street's changed attitude; Financial data.
- Gujarat: Reforms equal investment? Roberts, Michael // Chemical Week;9/20/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 10, p58
Reports on the efforts of the government of the Indian state of Gujarat to encourage foreign investments. Impact of the cancellation of Houston, Texas-based Enron's plan to build a power complex in Maharashtra state, India; Campaign against corruption; Revamp on Gujarat's industrial policies.
- Tie-In Sales May Have Strange Consequences. Bobo, Jack // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/10/2001, Vol. 102 Issue 50, p47
Comments on the consequences of tie-in of loans and investment sales that was illustrated on the problem experienced by Enron. Impact of the enactment of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Services Modernization Act; Concerns regarding the enactment of the act.
- Prudence and Diversification Revisited -- ERISA Section 404(c) Protection in the Wake of Enron. Scheidt, Kathleen Sheil; Wolfe, David L. // Employee Benefits Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p23
Highlights some of the concerns raised by the bankruptcy of Enron company. Implications of offering certain investment alternatives; Developments related to participant investment education and advice; Suggestions for strengthening compliance with Section 404 (c) of the Employee Retirement...
- Enron Investors Vs. Banks: How It May Play Out. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;4/11/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 69, p1
Focuses on the role of the investment banks in the bankruptcy of Enron Corp. in Washington, D.C. Details on the overstatement of assets; Analysis of the financial reports of Enron Corp.; Assessment on the business documents of Enron Corp.