SEC Approves MSRB Bondholder Communication Rules
- MSRB Plan On Notices Sent to SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/7/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31260, p1
Reports on the proposal of Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to the Securities and Exchange Commission on the responsibility of dealers to pass on to bondholders any default notices from issuers, trustees or custody agents. Requirements to be fulfilled before implementation of MSRB...
- MSRB Hosts Closed Meeting for Muni Market Leaders. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/10/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31054, p4
Reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) is sponsoring a meeting for January 11, 2001, for leaders of all the major municipal market groups in the United States to discuss their agenda for 2001 and common areas of interest or concern. Schedule of the meeting to coincide...
- MSRB Wants to Know if Some Rules Are Too Burdensome. HEMMERDINGER, JONATHAN // Bond Buyer;12/18/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33831, p3
The article informs that the U.S. organization Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) is seeking for feedback on its rules that are imposing burdens on the participants of the U.S. bond market and also requests for the suggestions to minimize those burdens.
- Dealers Like New SMMP Rule Proposals, But Want More. GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;6/13/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33928, p4
The article informs that the U.S. bond market dealers have requested in comment letters filed on the proposed Rules D-15 and G-48 of the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) for defining sophisticated municipal market professionals (SMMPs) and dealer regulatory obligations to SMMP.
- Fed Hike Prompts Crunch, Stealing Rebound in Liquidity. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;06/07/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30907, p7
Reports on an analysis of secondary bond market trading activity in the United States. Report from the US Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board; Rebound of new-issue activity; Falloff in the new issue market.
- TBMA on proposed G-38 change: Let dealers rely on consultant information. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30293, p5
Reports on statements by The Bond Market Association (TBMA), that if dealers are required to disclose their consultants' contributions to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), that they should be allowed to rely on whatever information the consultants report to them. Reference to a...
- MSRB to Open Up Rule Book for Market Critiques. HEMMERDINGER, JONATHAN // Bond Buyer;12/5/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33824, p20
The article informs that the U.S. organization Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board will ask to market participants for input on its 300-page rulebook in December 2012 as it is a part of a multi-year review to ensure its rules are effective, efficient and reflect the changing market trends.
- MSRB Trade Data Reveal a Fragmented Market. Craft, Michael C. // Bond Buyer;4/20/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34497, p19
The article reports on fragmented bond market in the U.S. as of April 2016, according to data from the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board.
- MSRB Urged to Revise Odd-Lot Idea. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/20/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31164, p1
Reports on the Bond Market Association's call for the revision of the proposed amendment to Rule G-15 on clearance, settlement, and confirmation that would force investors holding bonds in smaller amounts than authorized to sell their entire position. Liquidity and pricing concerns of the...