Washington Budget Calls for Tobacco, Bridge Borrowing
- Illinois treasurer questions whether governor's $12 billion plan can pass as is. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30636, p35
Reports that Illinois Governor George Ryan may have to trim several billion dollars from his proposed $12-billion infrastructure program before state lawmakers will approve it. Sources of the state's financing; Concerns regarding voter backlash over the budget.
- 2003 Federal Budget: infrastructure commitments inadequate. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p20
Explores the inadequacy of the 2003 federal budget allocated for the development of Canada's infrastructure. Lack of increased funding for highways; Pressure need to be placed on the federal government for future long-term commitments to deal with Canada's sub-standard National Highway System.
- Capital budgeting to benefit infrastructure. // Concrete Products;Feb98, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p32L
Reports on a meeting by the Presidential Commission on Capital Budgeting to discuss the introduction of capital expenditure accounting into the federal budgeting process. How allocations for infrastructure are spent; Meeting between Rebuild America Coalition chairman Mayor Rendell and White...
- Japan Budgets $50 Billion for Initial Rebuilding. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/9/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p8
The article offers information on the 50 billion U.S. dollars allotted by Japan as supplemental federal budget for the initial phase of infrastructure reconstruction after the earthquake and tsunami on March 11, 2011.
- Budget 2012: Ontario. // ReNew Canada;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the move of Ontario in maintaining major commitments to infrastructure in Budget 2012.
- US$1 trillion infrastructure plans confirmed. // Construction Europe;Apr2012, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p10
The article reports that budget of India has set aside 50 trillion rupees for infrastructure development over five years from 2012-2017.
- Qatar. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/11/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p19
Reports on the allocations for a number of major infrastructure projects in Qatar for the 2000 budget.
- Bridging the gap. Wylot, Robert // Warsaw Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p1
Reports the budget deficits faced the government in Poland. Reduction of infrastructure spending; Demands of the society; Increase of taxes to raise public finances.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Momiin, Shabir; Bernon, Mike; Gupta, Rohit; Bakshi, Ranjan; Tuli, Ramesh; Duggal, Aditya; Singh, Ishmeet; Suri, Dev; Gupta, Neha; Chopra, Ashu; Kanwar, Gaurav; Jain, Devendra; Khattar, Aruna; Aggarwal, Akansha; Setia, Namit // Business & Economy;Apr2013, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in previous issues including "India's Infrastructure Implosion," "Alternate budget," and the "Scrutiny and Stratagem sections."