Calif. Power Agency Sets Refunding
- Southern Calif. Power Agency Seeks to Change Indenture. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31057, p44
Reports that the Southern California Public Power Authority is seeking bondholders' consent to change the indenture in its 1988 Series A refunding bonds. Enabling of Ambac Assurance Corp. to replace the debt service reserve fund; Authority's effort to reduce costs; Adverse effects of electric...
- Calif. Agency Wins Deal of the Year. // Bond Buyer;12/13/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33431, p1
The article reports on the Deal of the Year award given by the magazine "The Bond Buyer" to the Southern California Public Power Authority's 237.24 million U.S. dollar of Milford Wind Corridor Phase I Project Revenue bonds.
- SCPPA: Southern California Public Power Authority. // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p33A
Features the Southern California Public Power Authority. Headquarters; Contact information; Top executives; Ratings and outlook; Total 1998 revenues; Bond issues.
- Need Smarter Air Conditioning? Try Ice. Hutchinson, Alex // Popular Mechanics;Sep2010, Vol. 187 Issue 9, p14
The article focuses on the Southern California Public Power Authority (SCCPA) multiyear project which aims to install municipal buildings with rooftop units that freeze 450 gallons of water to be used as replacement for air conditioning systems.
- S. California Power Agency to Sell $315 Million for New Plant. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31588, p34
Reports on the plans of the Southern California Public Power Authority (SCPPA) to sell revenue bonds. Purpose of SCPPA behind the sale of revenue bonds; Need for replacement of a power plant; Benefits for investors from the sale.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31537, p27
Presents news briefs pertaining to finance related issues in U.S. Problems affecting a pending bond sale by the Southern California Public Power Authority; Increase in tuition fees of public higher education systems in California; Possibility of a reduction in property taxes by the Kauai County...
- California Munis Back Solar-Wind Plant. // Energy Daily;10/27/2010, Issue 205, p3
The article reports on the emergence of Southern California Public Power Authority as the first U.S. utility to agree to acquire power from a solar tower facility planned by EnviroMission Ltd. in Arizona in 2010. The Australia-based EnviroMission will get financing due to the power purchase...
- SCPPA Gas Prepay Bonds Off Fitch Negative Watch. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33002, p2
The article reports on the affirmation and removal of A rating on Southern California Public Power Authority Project No. 1 from negative watch of Fitch Ratings Ltd. in Southern California. The removal affects the gas project revenue bonds Series 2007A, B and C. It is stated that the removal of...
- Energy Storage Firm Scores Breakthrough California Deal. Lobsenz, George // Energy Daily;1/28/2010, p3
The article reports on an agreement signed by Ice Energy with the Southern California Public Power Authority for the deployment of its ice-based technology to cut down the agency's peak summertime air conditioning load by 53 megawatts. The deal is part of tht agency's aim to avoid the purchase...