THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- How They Voted on Key Issues. // New Republic;10/27/62, Vol. 147 Issue 17, p15
Discusses the bills voted upon by the U.S. Congress and the Senate from 1961 to 1962. Number of Democratic senators who supported the appropriation of budget for public schools; Provisions of the Anderson-Javits health insurance bill; Passage of a tax exemption bill for companies.
- Reintroduced Rail Bill Allows State Bonding. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;4/18/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32113, p5
Reports on the reintroduction of the rail bonds bill by the Leaders of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee in the U.S. Authority given to the states to issue taxable tax-credit bonds and tax-exempt private-activity bonds for high-speed rail projects; Emphasis on the increasing...
- Treasury Supportive of Forest-Management Bonds. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p4
Reports on the support of the U.S. Treasury on the pending legislation concerning the use of tax exempt bonds. Evaluation of the bond-related forest management proposal; Purchase of forests for conservation bonds; Payment of debt with revenues from selective logging.
- Bill to clarify limits on church-sponsored lobbying. // National Catholic Reporter;10/12/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p7
Reports on the introduction of a legislative bill in U.S. Congress that allow churches to spend money on lobbying and campaigning for or against individual candidates without risk of losing their tax-exempt status. Involvement of churches in political activities; Harassment experienced by...
- Tax-Exempt Bills' Retroactive Dates Chill Market's Blood. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30764, p29
Focuses on the effects of the introduction of a bill to restrict the use of tax-exempt bonds for projects that compete with private business on the municipal markets in the U.S. Provisions of the bill introduced by Republican of South Carolina Mark Sanford; Purpose of the bill; Discussion of...
- Alaska Gas Pipeline Gets Senate Boost. Kinnander, Ola; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p4
Reports the approval of energy bill which will provide developers economic incentives in building the gas line in Alaska. Finance of natural gas pipeline through tax-exempt bonds; Grant of federal tax credits to builders of the pipeline.
- New laws take effect on Sept. 1... // Texas Agriculture Magazine;9/2/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on the eminent domain reform from the Texas Farm Bureau (TFB) including the Senate Bill (SB) 18, SB 332, and House Bill (HB) 268 effective on September 1, 2011. It says that the SB 18 is to protect landowners in connection to their private property rights. It states that the...
- ON DEADLINE. // Credit Union Journal;01/22/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p1
Reports the plans for the reintroduction of credit union-backed bankruptcy reform bill and tax exemption protection in Washington, D.C. Similarity of the reform package with the bill passed by the House and Senate; Request for the designation of Dennis Dollar as the chairman of the National...
- Is The Runner Safe? Out? In This Case, It's Both. Diekmann, Frank J. // Credit Union Journal;03/12/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p4
Presents views on the federal tax exemption law in the United States. Findings of the survey released by the Credit Union National Association (CUNA); Comments on the legislation; Disposition on the CUNA findings.