A Creative Way to Sell School Bonds
- School Funding Fix. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p27
The article reports on the introduction of legislation that calls for bonds to be issued to address the inequities of South Carolina's funding of its education system. Beginning in fiscal 2007 and continuing for four fiscal years, an additional 300 million dollars in state school facilities...
- Colorado range war. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;02/25/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30836, p1
Focuses on the 1999 negotiated sale of the Cherry Creek School District bond issues in Colorado. Impact of competition on present-value savings; Comparison with results acquired by the Boulder Valley School District; Factors affecting the savings; Controversy on the validity of the Smartt-Friar...
- Date set for tranche of California GOs. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30579, p37
Reports that California Treasurer Phil Angelides will sell the first series of general obligation school bonds on April 7, 1999. Inclusion of school debt; Authority given to the state to sell debt for education; Selling of short-term commercial paper.
- Bossier Borrowing. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/27/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32058, p27
Reports on the plan of the Parish Wide School District of Bossier Parish to sell general obligation bonds in Bossier City, Louisiana. Use of the proceeds to refund bonds; Maturities of the deal; Intention of the school district to sell additional bonds.
- RHODE ISLAND: Brown Sets CP Program. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;12/18/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32530, p33
The article focuses on the release of a tax exempt commercial paper notes program by Brown University Corp. on December 19, 2006 in Rhode Island. The commercial paper is limited to issue $23 million as opposed to the usual issue of $50 million and further issuance will require authorization from...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;10/23/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34199, p7
Tables are presented that show the results of negotiated bond sales in the U.S. as of October 2014 that include special assessment bonds, Series 2014 issued by the Highland Meadows II Community Development District in Florida, general obligation school bonds, Series 2014A from Mount Vernon...
- BEST Practices, for Now. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/7/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32461, p31
The article reports on the purchase of Building Equities Sooner for Tomorrow (BEST) to the general obligation bonds from Greenville County School Districts. The $24 million dollar transaction between BEST and the school district was part of the annual installment purchase agreement. A.G. Edwards...
- COMPETITIVE SALE NOTICES. // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p15
Provides information of competitive bond sale notices in the U.S. as of September 21, 2004. General obligation bonds of 2004; General improvement bonds of 2004; School district serial bonds of Ardsley Union Free School District in the county of Westchester, New York.
- Hanover County, Va., Voters to Face $95M, With Half Earmarked for Schools. Vadum, Mattew // Bond Buyer;9/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32209, p4
Reports on the preparation made by officials in Hanover County for a November 8 vote on multimillion-dollar in bond questions, just over half of which would fund school construction; Statement of Tom Harris, public information officer for the county; Establishment of a user-friendly Web site...