- Tucker Anthony Reported Seeking Sale. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;7/13/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 134, p20
Reports the plans of selling the Tucker Anthony Sutro Corp. in Boston, Massachusetts. Availability of prospectus regarding the sale; Interest of Royal Bank of Canada and Wells Fargo and Co. to acquire the company; Plan of Wells Fargo to expand its brokerage business.
- Tucker Anthony Confirms Deal Discussion. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;7/30/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 145, p23
Reports that brokerage and investment banking firm Tucker Anthony Sutro confirmed on April 24, 2001 that it is in merger discussions, but warned investors that a deal could value the firm's stock at less than its recent trading price. Rumored bidders; Stock market performance of Tucker Anthony.
- Companies to get bigger. Neo, Nehemiah // Asia Insurance Review;Apr2009, p96
The article presents author's views concerning the impact of corporate merger in order to manage company loss and to have global connections that offers global standards of services. According to him, loss adjusters must remember their role in the service chain provided by insurers to their...
- Business brokering isn't easy, says long time pro. SKRILOFF, DYLAN // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/26/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses the views of Sunbelt Business Brokers broker William A. Smith of New Paltz on business brokering, or the art of selling a business to another potential business owner. With regards to the level of trust involved, Smith says, a business seller needs the business buyer to...
- Canada's Royal Bank Buys Tucker Anthony. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;11/2/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 211, p20
Reports the acquisition of Tucker Anthony Sutro by the Royal Bank of Canada. Elimination of Tucker Anthony Sutro positions; Retention of all Tucker Anthony brokers.
- Tucker Anthony To Merge 2 Units . Friedman, Amy S. // American Banker;4/25/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 79, p8
Details Tucker Anthony Sutro's plan to merger its broker-dealer subsidiaries, Tucker Anthony Inc. and Sutro & Co, as part of a cost-reduction effort. Name to be given to the merged broker-dealer to be based in Boston, Massachusetts; Management staff; Plan to keep other subsidiaries independent.
- A Regional Firm at Heart. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p1
Highlights the merger of Minneapolis, Minnesota-based underwriter RBC Dain Rauscher Inc. with broker-dealer Tucker Anthony Sutro Corp. People who are expected to be laid off following the merger; Role of the underwriter in the country's public finance stressed; Other regional firms who have...
- Tucker Anthony Sutro Buys Branch, Cabell. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Nov2000, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p28
Reports on the move of Tucker Anthony Sutro brokerage firm to acquire Branch Cabell company. Background of the firms; Total assets of Tucker Anthony Sutro.
- Trading Floor. Wisniewski, Mary; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/25/2001, Vol. 388 Issue 31251, p6
Presents information related to bond market in the U.S. as of October 25, 2001. Reduction in the jobs by RBC Dain Rauscher Wessels as part of its merger with Tucker Anthony Sutro; Plan of the Royal Bank of Canada to acquire Tucker and merge its with Dain Rauscher Inc.; Announcement of Ziegler...