Fort Worth Lawyer Develops Into Powerful Southwest Force
- NABL Releases Bold Plan to Shift Liability Away From Bondholders. Kinnander, Ola; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31274, p1
Reports on the proposal of the National Association of Bond lawyers to change municipal bond enforcement in the U.S. Impact of the proposal on bondholders liability for tax violations; Implications of the proposal on responsibility of issuers for tax law compliance; Plans for initiation of a...
- N.Y. judicial board defers action on city bar's contributions rule. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;04/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30370, p5
Focuses on the decision by a New York State judicial board to defer consideration of a proposal to prevent municipal bond lawyers from engaging in pay-to-play practices in the state until the state bar association completes a report in November 1998. Features of the criticisms raised by the New...
- Panel: Counsel should revisit unqualified opinion standard. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;05/11/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30390, p36
Reports on issues discussed during the May 8, 1998 seminar of the National Association of Bond Lawyers. Unreliability of unqualified bond opinions in making municipal bond decisions; Complexity of rules that apply to municipal transactions; Prospects for a revised `model engagement letter' that...
- NABL: Target tax benefits. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;02/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30831, p1
Reports that the United States-based National Association of Bond Lawyers' (NABL) Task Force on Financial Products is developing products for the municipal bond market as of February 17, 2000. Tax-exempt bond products; Sale of non-tax-exempt products to pension funds.
- Miami-Dade county puts off counsel vote. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;09/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30480, p3
Reports that the Miami-Dade County commissioners in Florida had deferred a vote on the way they select the bond counsel. Motion by Commissioner Jimmy Morales; Issue on reduction of the number of bond counsel; Allegation concerning lawyer Gary A. Siplin.
- NABL's Pope Says Appeals Court Ruling Has Serious Implications for Leases, COPs. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30481, p4
Warns of the implications for `subject-to-appropriation bonds' and `non-debt debt' of the Eighth United States Circuit Court of Appeals ruling in `Franklin High Yield Tax-Free Income Fund v. County of Marin.' Speech by Robert Dean Dean, former president of the National Association of Bond...
- MUNICIPAL BOND ACTIVITIES. // Bond Buyer;2/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31576, p28
Lists activities of groups and organizations associated with municipal bonds in the U.S., as of February 20, 2003. Convention of the National Association of Bond Lawyers for persons with municipal finance experience; Workshop to be held by the California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission...
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;9/10/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33181, p6
A calendar of events for the municipal bond activities in September to November 2009 is presented which includes the "34th Annual Bond Attorneys Workshop," the "2009 Legal & Legislative Issues Conference," and the "Career Development Workshop."
- Vanguard Adds Muni Analyst to Credit Research Unit. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/13/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32360, p37
The article reports that the Vanguard Group Inc. has hired Michael Jones as senior municipal bond analyst in the credit research unit of the company in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. His areas of coverage include New Jersey, Oregon, Washington, Arizona and Colorado. Jones had served as senior vice...