House Plan Would Restore $4.4B to Highways
- Senate Panel Seeks $28.9B in 2003 Highway Spending. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31351, p4
Focuses on the 2003 highway spending of the U.S. Senate Budget Committee. Approval of the budget blueprint; Decline in tax-revenue; Adjustment in the funding level of the highway spending.
- SH45 Southwest gains steam without federal funding. SEVILLA, ANDY // Free Press (Buda, TX);2/12/2014, Vol. 117 Issue 46, p4A
The article reports that the construction of State Highway 45 Southwest toll road in Texas is on fast track after avoiding delays when the Capital Area stripped its federal funding.
- Texas voters approve new highway funding. Drake, Bob // Pit & Quarry;Dec2001, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p86
Reports on the approval of Proposition 15 for highway funding in in Texas, which establishes the Texas Mobility Fund. Benefits of the fund to the Texas Department of Transportation; Purpose of the Texas Mobility Fund.
- Kyirong to pave way for Trans-Himalayan highway. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Mar2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the 20 million dollar expenditure of China to construct road from Kyirong in Tibet to Syabrubesi, Nepal.
- Labor and materials required for highway construction. Ball, Robert // Monthly Labor Review;Jun73, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p40
Examines the impact of federal highway expenditures on demand for labor and materials in the U.S. Job opportunities created by onsite labor requirements; Employment generated by offsite labor requirements; Distribution of highway construction costs.
- Government transport spend meets mixed reception. // Builders Merchants Journal;Sep2003, p16
Reports on the allocation of budget for road building program in Great Britain. Expansion of the highway; Impact of the initiative on the logistics industry; Reduction of traffic congestion.
- House and Senate Agree on $88.9 Billion for Treasury, Transportation. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;11/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31762, p4
Reports on the approval fiscal 2004 spending package for the Transportation and Treasury department by the House and Senate negotiators in the U.S. Allocation of budget for road construction; Finance for the deferred maintenance projects; Facilitation of airport improvement program.
- Financing set for $1.6 billion Ontario Road project. // Mining Engineering;Jun2008, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p11
The article reports on the financing for the construction of an access road connecting Ontario's Highway 401 to a proposed international bridge over the Detroit River at the Detroit-Windsor border crossing. Expected to begin in 2009, the construction project will be financed by the Ontario and...
- MMRDA plans Rs. 744cr flyover project. // FRPT- Infrastructure Snapshot;8/31/2015, p13
The article focuses on the investment needed in the flyover construction project for the smooth flow of vehicular traffic, set to be built by the government agency Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA).