Proposed Bill Eliminates SRF Arbitrage Restrictions
- By the numbers: Economic Stimulus Act. // Disclosures;May/Jun2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p7
The article lists facts on the rebates taxpayers and the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 which include approximate cost of rebates to taxpayers, approximate number of households receiving rebates, and approximate cost of business incentives.
- Tax Cut Questions Loom Large Nov. 7. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31010, p1
Reports several measures on tax cut uncertainty in various states in the United States. Effect of Amendment 21 on the state revenues; Impact of the mandate presented in the amendment on government bonds; Distinction between Measure 91 and 93; Various proposal submitted for tax funds.
- IRS Targets Unintentional Arbitrage. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;7/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31677, p1
Reports on the plans of internal revenue service (IRS) to target a certain type of arbitrage violation that can occur with the advance refunding of tax-exempt municipal bonds in the U.S. Failure of the trustees to blend down the investment yields of the securities in their advance refunding...
- In Colorado, The Tax Rebates Keep Coming. New, Michael // Business Journal (Central New York);4/5/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p23
Reports on the taxpayer bill of rights (TABOR) of Colorado. Implications of the TABOR for the tax rebate received by taxpayers; Controversy behind the TABOR; Limitations on increases in per-capita expenditures in Colorado.
- Economy Is Being Set Up for a Speculative Fog. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/30/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 25, p76
Editorial. Discusses the condition of construction industry in the U.S. Problems related to cost increase in construction industry; Possible passage of the bill on tax rebate for the construction industry.
- CONNECTICUT: Treasurer Gets 7 RFP Answers. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;6/18/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32652, p9
The article reports that Connecticut's Office of the Treasurer has received seven responses to its May 2007 request for proposals for tax arbitrage rebate and verification agent services. According to the author, the treasurer's office may request up to two one-year extensions of the contract....
- Public safety facing long odds for D Block approval this year. Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;12/20/2011, p4
The article reports on the U.S. Congress move to reallocate the 700 MHz D Block spectrum and provide billions of dollars of funding for a nationwide LTE network. It is stated that the U.S. Senate has approved a two-month compromise version of a payroll-tax cut extension measure that stripped out...
- Just half-right. // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/1/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p8
The article offers comments regarding the $168 billion stimulus bill and its reliance on tax rebates. It states that it was doubted earlier that the bill would add substantially to the federal deficit. It argues that as was expected, the deficit surged but there was no kick from the rebates. It...
- Property Taxes and Gas Prices Remain Key Legislative Issues. Kolb, Brian M. // Business Journal (Central New York);8/25/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p29
The article discusses on issues concerning legislation on property taxes and gas prices in Central New York for 2006. State's lawmakers have passed measures that will provide tax rebates to School Tax Relief program-eligible homeowners. Before adjourning in June 2006, state Legislature ended the...