With Bonds in the Mix, Texas Moves Ahead With Katy, Border Road Plans
- Fight over freeway goes on. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/27/97, Vol. 239 Issue 17, p19
Focuses on the US Federal Highway Administration's review of the Interstate 710 freeway project in Los Angeles County, California. Opposition to project by the City of South Pasadena; City's proposal of low-build alternative involving traffic improvements and mass transit.
- Texas freeway set to go. Zeyher, Allen // Roads & Bridges;Dec2002, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p11
Reports on the approval of construction of environment friendly Marsha Sharp Freeway by the U.S. Federal Highway Administration. Changes made in the plan of the freeway; Location of the freeway.
- FHWA backs proposed path of superhighway connecting Illinois and Indiana. Whistler, Deborah // Fleet Owner;Mar2013, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p15
The article reports on the support of the U.S. Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) on the proposed path of the Illiana Expressway, a superhighway that would connect Interstate 55 near Wilmington in Illinois with I-65 near Cedar Lake in Indiana.
- Illiana Project Suffers Fresh Blow as Feds Drop Appeal. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;9/23/2015, p7
The article reports on Federal Highway Administration (FHA), U.S. Department of Transportation dropping the intent to appeal motion in reaction to a U.S. District Judge Jorge Alonso ruling on violating environmental law for the Illiana Corridor expressway between Indiana and Illinois.
- FHWA deployment grants announced for 1994. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/18/94, Vol. 232 Issue 16, Intelligent highway... p5
Announces the receipt of IVHS Early Deployment Program grants from the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) for fiscal year 1994 by twelve metropolitan areas.
- CSD Avoids Delays on New Tolling Project. Olszak, Lisa; Mento, Anthony; Goldbach, Robert; Long, James // Public Roads;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the context sensitive design (CSD) for the Mon/Fayette Expressway in Pennsylvania. It is the new turnpike project that depicts how the CSD approach can deal with public concerns and the possible delays in the design and construction. The Federal Highway Administration...
- Partners keep reconstruction on a fast track. // American City & County;Jan2002, Vol. 117 Issue 1, p18
Announces the plan of the United States Federal Highway Administration and the New Mexico State Highway and Transportation Department to reconstruct the busiest interchange in the state in June 2002. Scope of the project; Capacity of the reconstructed interchange; Benefits of reconstructing the...
- Rehabbing Maine's I-295 Southbound. Lane, Meg // Public Roads;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p1
The article highlights factors that contribute to the completion of the reconstruction of Maine's Interstate-295 by the Department of Transportation (DOT). It notes that the factors are robust public outreach, diverse safety measures and full road closure. It says that the road's reconstruction...
- Using CRFs To Improve Highway Safety. Gross, Frank; Yunk, Karen // Public Roads;May/Jun2009, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p5
The article focuses on the use of crash reduction factors (CRFs) to improve safety in highways. It mentions that the factors of crash reduction has helped identify the countermeasures with the most potential way to save lives. It notes that the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and its...