Analysts: Philly Schools Deal Should Withstand Spat Over Governing Body
- LEARNING SUBTRACTION. Hegland, Corine // National Journal;8/9/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 32-34, p2542
Assesses the impact of budget deficits on education in the U.S. Number of U.S. states that reduce their appropriations for higher education; Budget for K-12; Effects of reducing expenditures on school districts; Cost of implementing the No Child Left Behind Act in states.
- Bonds Part of Philadelphia School Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31252, p1
Reports on the decision taken by finance director of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to provide state bonds for financing five-year deficit of Philadelphia School District. Takeover law passed by the state's General Assembly to cover the deficit; Report on plan of action to overhaul the district's...
- Apathy leads to turmoil in school district. Overstreet, E. Louis // Las Vegas Business Press;10/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p5
Comments on the controversy regarding the contribution of public funds to the Clark County School District in Nevada. Negative outcome from a billion dollar donation for the school operation; Basis of approval to fund the construction and rehabilitation project; Disadvantages for business to...
- How Is Comal Independent School District Spending Your Money? // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);1/30/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p18
The article presents a list of public spending of Comal Independent School District in Texas.
- Cook County Forest Preserve District Could Be $20M in the Red for 2000. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31081, p34
Reports the financial deficit of the Cook County Forest Preserve District in Chicago, Illinois. Details of the 1999 audit; Plan to retrench staff and services in anticipation for the 2000 deficit; Amount of outstanding debt of the district.
- Osborne cuts everything but the deficit. Meadway, James // Green Left Weekly;8/29/2012, Issue 935, p20
The article presents information on the steps for reducing the government deficit of Great Britain and payment of its national debts by using cuts in public spending.
- FINANCIAL DETERMINANTS OF DISPARITIES IN EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY AMONG NEBRASKA SCHOOL DISTRICTS. Nielsen, Donald A.; Turner, Keith K.; Blair, Robert F. // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Winter75, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p19
Studies the financial determinants of disparities in educational opportunity among school districts in Nebraska. Disparities in school educational opportunity in Nebraska; Information on the model-determinants of disparities in current expenditures; Empirical results.
- FISCAL POLICY AND PUBLIC-EXPENDITURE REFORM. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Jan2005, Vol. 2004 Issue 17, p36
Deals with the 2003 budget outcome and the significant steps toward fiscal reform being implemented by the Czech Republic. Deficit outcomes in 2003 and 2004; Objectives of the fiscal reform programme which was launched in 2003; Key features of the medium-term budgeting framework. INSETS:...
- ARKANSAS: Little Rock Delays Stimulus. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/23/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33136, p8
The article reports on the delay of plans for $36 million stimulus package by the trustees of the Little Rock School District after criticizing the proposal developed by school officials. The plans include new reading specialists, reduced class sizes, and expanded summer school programs for...