Retail Sales Increase in Feb
- Cool temps blamed for slowdown. // Home Textiles Today;06/04/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p21
Reports the decline in the sales of retail and department stores in New York in May 2001. Decrease in the sales of sporting goods and air conditioners; Report from Redbook Retail Sales Average; Details on the sales record of department stores and discounters.
- Same-store sales fall short in July. // Home Textiles Today;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p16
Reports the decreasing sales of the retail stores in the U.S. Decline of the stock market; Reduction of the retirement account; Failure of acquiring the exact sales target.
- Snowy drifts buried shoppers' will to spend. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;3/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p1
Reports that snow in February 2003 decreased retail sales in the U.S. Effect of weather on consumer behavior; Decrease of sales in discount stores; Optimism of retailers on recovery by March 2003.
- Retail Store Services: A Comparison of Perceived Consumer Needs and Store Service Provision. Thompson, Alicia; Lumpkin, James R.; Hite, Robert E. // American Business Review;Jun91, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p37
Retail store services have traditionally been less important to retailers than the selling of goods. Sales supporting services such as alterations, repair, and gift wrapping or service departments such as food service, financial services, and hair styling were often afterthoughts and were...
- A Once-in-a-Lifetime Opportunity. Collins, Josephine // License! Global;Dec2008, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p10
The article discusses various reports published within the issue related to the discount retail format, including "Future of Licensing" and "The Perfect Storm."
- May: About-Face From 1998. // Chain Store Age;May99, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p271
Compares the sales of retail stores in the United States for the month of May 1998 and 1999. How temperature affected the sales in California; Weather precipitation in retail stores.
- Shopping Frenzy Continues in September. // Chain Store Age;Nov99, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p192
Presents sales data of retail stores in the United States in September 1999. Comparable store sales; Department store sales; Specialty store sales; Sales forecasts for the 1999 Christmas holiday season.
- DSN CHARTS: November sales. // DSN Retailing Today;12/11/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p8
Ranks several retail stores based on the comparison of their sales in the United States in November 1999 and November 2000.
- Danbury retail sector strongest in Connecticut. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/23/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 30, p5
Reports on the growth in the sales of retail stores in Danbury, Connecticut. Net sales of the retail stores; Sales-tax revenues; Factors influencing the sales growth of retail stores.