Cantor Fitzgerald Stays in Manhattan
- Cantor Fitzgerald Muni Brokers Get Back to Work, Post-Tragedy. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;4/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31356, p1
Reports on the comeback of municipal brokers from Cantor Fitzgerald LP after the company devastated by the September 11 terrorists attacks in New York City. Plan of the broker to work under the old company name of Municipal Partners Inc.; Number of employees of the company; Death of Cantor's...
- Cantor Opens Offices im In Houston, Austin. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32153, p6
Reports on the opening of offices by Cantor Fitzgerald LP in Texas. Corporate directors assigned to manage the newly opened offices; Design of the new offices to accommodate future growth in the region; Offering of existing and prospective customers access to new products and services.
- Howard Lutnick's Second Life. Gordon, Meryl // New York;12/10/2001, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p37
Discusses the effect of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on the life of Cantor Fitzgerald Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Howard Lutnick and his personal goal regarding the event. Opinion on Fitzgerald as a CEO; Actions taken by Fitzgerald regarding the families left behind by his employees...
- Futures Shock. // Television Week;12/15/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p11
The author reflects on a new futures market proposed by investment firm Cantor Fitzgerald. The author states that if the proposal is approved by federal regulators, Cantor will introduce futures contracts based on box office receipts of movies. Under the proposal, if most investors think the...
- Reaching the "Middle Ground". // Chief Investment Officer;Sep2015, p49
The article presents an interview with Cantor Fitzgerald LP's Global Head of Portfolio Solutions Business Michael Gardner. He discusses how transition management practitioners have changed since the global financial crises. Gardner discusses how transition managers help chief investment officers...
- Chips and dips: predicting pic fortunes. Bart, Peter // Variety;3/22/2010, Vol. 418 Issue 6, p2
The article discusses an online futures market for motion pictures developed by Cantor Fitzgerald LP. The Cantor Exchange needs the approval of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Topics include contract trading and hedging box office revenues. The Hollywood Stock Exchange and the...
- BASIC INSTINCTS. Graser, Marc // Variety;3/22/2010, Vol. 418 Issue 6, p4
The article focuses on the two motion picture trading exchanges, Media Derivatives company's Trend Exchange and Cantor Fitzgerald LLP's Cantor Exchange. Both Exchanges need approval from the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Topics include hedging box office revenues and the titles of...
- Canary gets Cantor at last. // Estates Gazette;2/12/2005, Issue 506, p43
Reports on the selection of Canary Wharf in London, England as the location for the headquarters of U.S. broker Cantor Fitzgerald. Terms of the lease agreement; Size of the office; Plan of Barclays Capital to extend its occupation in the building.
- Cantor Upgrades Back Offices in NYC, London. Dabale, Michael // Securities Industry News;08/09/99, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on the efforts of Cantor Fitzgerald LP to improve the facilities of its stockbrokerage offices in New York City and London, England. Use of proprietary applications for domestic transactions processing at the firm's offices; Alternatives sought by the company according to officials.