Fitzgerald Accepts SEC Settlement: To Pay $300,000, Be Barred
- Pacific Genesis Reaches Tentative Deal With SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31304, p4
Reports on a tentative agreement reached upon by lawyers from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) enforcement division and attorneys representing former Almeda, California broker and dealer Pacific Genesis Group Inc. Basis of the lawsuit filed against the firm; Need for the...
- Federal Judge Sets Trial Date for SEC's Case Against Pacific Genesis. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31061, p4
Reports the fraud case against Pacific Genesis Group in the United States. Establishment of the trial date; Allegations of the Securities and Exchange Commission against the company; Omission of information regarding risk involving the deal.
- SEC Files Suit Against Former PacGen Salesman. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p5
Reports the lawsuit filed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission against William M. Ucherek, former salesman at the defunct Pacific Genesis Group Inc.
- Pacific Genesis Group Found Liable by Judge; SEC Pleased. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p3
Reports the judgement against Pacific Genesis Group's liability for misinterpretation and omission of bond offering in San Francisco, California. Effects of the court's decision to grant the Securities and Exchange Commission's application for the halting the sale of the bonds.
- Fitzgerald Defends Pacific Genesis During Questioning. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/31/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31067, p43
Reports on Pacific Genesis Group Chairman David Fitzgerald's defense of his company's record of disclosure to prospective bond holders in his testimony before the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's securities fraud case against him and his firm. Highlights of Fitzgerald's second...
- Judge: Pacific Genesis Offering Was 'Highly Risky'. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31071, p4
Reports on United States District Court Judge Charles R. Breyer's remarks concerning Pacific Genesis Group Inc.'s ninth offering in a master plan community. Securities fraud filed against Pacific Genesis; Securities and Exchange Commission's call for a permanent injunction against the company.
- SEC Probes Pacific Genesis for Disclosure, Suitability Problems. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30905, p1
Reports on the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) probe of Pacific Genesis Group Inc. and land-based bonds it has underwritten and sold under California's Marks-Roows laws for possible disclosure failures and suitability problems. Official statement for lease revenue bonds...
- Judge Sides With Pacific Genesis. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/26/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30900, p1
Reports on the ruling on the disclosure obligations of Pacific Genesis Group Inc. Filing of liens against the property serving as collateral for the bonds; Views of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Pacific Genesis Chairman Resigns as Firm Battles SEC Over Securities Fraud Charges. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;04/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31128, p38
Highlights a federal court decision asking the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Pacific Genesis Group Inc. (PGG) to try to resolve securities fraud lawsuit linked with bonds sold for the development of a residential golf community in California's Lucerne Valley. ...