The $8.5 Billion Session
- Virginia Gov. Warner Considering $225M Bond Bill for Higher Education. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31817, p9
Reports on the approval of bill authorizing the sale of a tax-exempt general obligation bonds by the Virginia General Assembly in Virginia. Use of such bonds to finance universities and colleges facilities and construction of student housing at George Mason University; Support given to the...
- Virginia Bill Affects Public Record IDs. // National Mortgage News;8/16/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p12
Reports that Virginia Governor Mark Warner has signed a public records identification bill that is subject to a re-enactment clause for the 2005 General Assembly.
- Virginia Senate Weighing Munis for Transportation Projects. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32074, p3
Reports on the consideration of the bill authorizing the state of Virginia to sell tax-exempt bonds for transportation projects by the Virginia General Assembly. Amendments made to the bill by the Finance Committee; Authority given to the Commonwealth Transportation Board under the legislation;...
- Virginia Lawmakers OK Up to &11.5B in Tax-Exempt Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31369, p4
Reports the approval of the state General Assembly on the proposals leading to municipal bond issuance in Virginia. Consideration on the proposed amendments of governor Mark R. Warner to bond bills; Amount of the tax-exempt revenue bonds approved by the bill for transportation projects;...
- Virginia Governor Signs Tobacco Bond Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p31
Reports on the approval of a tobacco bond bill by Governor Mark R. Warner in Virginia. Authority of the state to issue tax-exempt tobacco securitization bonds; Advocacy of the late Governor James S. Gilmore for a tobacco securitization legislation; Sponsorship of the bill by Senator Charles...
- DATA Act, Scene Two: Drop the Independent Board. // Government Financial Management TOPICS;7/23/2012, p9
The article presents information on the plans of U.S. Senator Mark Warner to reintroduce federal spending transparency legislation without any provision for an independent oversight board.
- Virginia Governor's Budget Plan Includes Nearly $740M in Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p28
Presents the proposed budget of Virginia governor Mark R. Warner for the fiscal 2005-2006 biennium. Inclusion of bond-issuance proposals; Combination of proposed tax increases and reductions; Amount of the budget.
- Next Stop, Virginia's Voters. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/2/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31378, p1
Reports the signing of tax-exempt revenue bond issuance by governor, Mark R. Warner in Virginia. Passage of sales-tax hikes in referendums; Increase the local portion of the state sales tax; Finances in regional transportation programs.
- Bill Sets the Stage for Riskless Principal Regs. Glazier, Kyle // Bondbuyer.com;8/ 4/2014, p36
The article reports on the Bond Transparency Act of 2014 filed by U.S. Senators Mark Warner and Tom Coburn in the Senate in March 2014. The bill will mandate bond dealers to disclose to their customers the markups for riskless principal deals. Such disclosure is supported by Securities and...