New York Bill Would Create Telecom Agency With Debt Powers
- Regional Roundtable goes public to encourage telecommunications. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/9/95, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p1
Reports that for the first time since its inception, the Hudson Valley Regional Roundtable will open its doors to the public. Holding of a session focusing on telecommunications entrepreneurism; Roundtable as a group of about three dozen specialists in various aspects of business support and...
- Rewritten telecommunications law has become a catalyst for change. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;12/09/96, Vol. 35 Issue 50, p15
Describes how Washington's telecommunications law affected the telecommunications industry in the Westchester County, New York area in 1996. Job cuts by AT&T Corp.; Bell Atlantic Corp.'s acquisition of NYNEX Corp.; Cellular network formed by Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile; Stations acquired by...
- Telecom industry is healthy, but warnings issued. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;02/03/97, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p14
Reports that although the media and telecommunications industry in New York have been given a clean bill of health, certain warnings have been issued by Wall Street officials at an Institute for International Research conference. Good timing seen as critical to a successful initial public offering.
- Local players predict more confusion, consolidation. Hadley, Mark // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;01/19/98, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p4B
Describes how several telecommunication providers New York's communication industry will fare in 1998. Hyperion Telecommunications; Telergy; Bell Atlantic; Northland Communications; SCC Telecommunications.
- Revenue growth is 1997 focus for communications industry. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;03/31/97, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p24
Looks at areas that need focus from New York-based telecommunications companies in order to boost their revenue for 1997. Marketing; Sales; Human resources.
- One-stop shopping: TC's latest marketing ploy. Fitting, Beth // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;03/31/97, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the advent of single-source telecommunications services in New York following the implementation of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Southwestern Bell Communications Services' marketing agreement with Cellular One to provide landline long-distance service; SCC Telecommunications'...
- Pattern conference propels `Info River Valley' concept. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/02/96, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the meeting between officials of utilities in the Hudson River Valley area of New York State and education, government and health service providers to discuss how advances in telecommunications technology can assist them all. Goal of the conference; Highlights; Other key...
- Independent Phone Companies Gain in Market Share. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);10/13/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p18
Reports on the telephone market share of Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLEC) in New York. Number of lines served by CLEC; Figures for facilities ownership.
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS. // Business Journal (Central New York);10/13/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p19
Presents a chart related to competitive local exchange companies in New York ranked by total lines.