Alaska Governor Blasts Legislature's Plan to Cut Spending
- A Democrat with a difference in Alaska. Rosen, Yereth // Christian Science Monitor;8/7/95, Vol. 87 Issue 176, p4
Focuses on the oil-royalty bill introduced by Alaska's Governor Tony Knowles. Opposition by Republicans against enforcement of the bill; Views about Knowles' political status; Details of his achievements; Knowles's arguments with environmentalists over oil development; Reasons; Concern over...
- Alaskan hunters seek return of plan to cull state wolves. Rosen, Yereth // Christian Science Monitor;3/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 71, p3
Reports on the clash of the Republicans and the Democrats over the wolf-killing bill introduced by the former governor in Alaska. Information about the bill passed and the compensation given on the killing of wolves; Protest of the bill by Democratic Governor Tony Knowles; Effort of writers,...
- Alaska Governor seeks support for gas line. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec96, Vol. 223 Issue 12, p10
Reports that Alaska Governor Tony Knowles is seeking financial support for the construction of natural gas pipeline from Prudhoe to Valdez, Alaska. Circulation of a draft of memorandum of understanding for the pipeline.
- News tidbits. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Jul96, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p11
Reports on news and developments concerning human resources. Includes the increase in the number of Americans seeking first-time unemployment insurance; Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' call for a special legislative session after lawmakers failed to pass a balanced budget; Georgia-Pacific Corp.'s...
- Alaska wolf kill suspended. // Current Events;1/16/95, Vol. 94 Issue 14, p3
Reports on Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' decision to halt a program concerning the reduction of wolves in Alaska. Removal of wire snares; Views from Alaska State Fish and Game Commissioner Carl Rosier.
- Alaskan gas project advances. // Underground Construction;May97, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p12
Reports that Alaska Governor Tony Knowles has signed memorandums of understanding with oil companies BP Exploration Inc., Arco Alaska Inc. and Exxon Co. USA for a proposed gas project. Main provisions of the agreement; Impact of the project on the United States and Alaskan economies.
- Minnesota Passes Budget-Repair Measure. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31388, p34
No abstract available.
- Hospitals fear repercussions of Boren Amendment repeal. Figura, Susannah Zak // AHA News;12/22/97, Vol. 33 Issue 49, p3
Focuses on the impact of the repealing of the Boren Amendment of the 1997 Balance Budget Act on hospitals in the United States. Use of existing administrative procedures process; Public hearings held to share proposed and final changes of the legislation.
- Washington, D.C.--another hit aimed at troubled companies. // Business Credit;Apr95, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p2
Reviews the provisions of the Bankruptcy Reform law and repeal of a tax code in the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993. Effect on small business reorganizations.