Alaska Governor Blasts Legislature's Plan to Cut Spending
- Commerce. // Alaska Business Monthly;Jul95, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the creation of Marketing Alaska teams by Alaskan Governor Tony Knowles to boost the state's economy. Mining; Technical services; Forest products; Seafood industry; Tourism; Cultural resources.
- Old Alaska fields stir new interest. Rosen, Yereth // Christian Science Monitor;7/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 154, p1
Discusses the policy of oil companies to maximize return from the oil fields which already exist in North Slope. Milne Point oil field; Sliding-scale royalty scheme developed by Alaska Governor Tony Knowles; Information on other North Slope oil fields.
- Alaska gov. Tony Knowles proposes infrastructure spending package. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p34
Focuses on the infrastructure spending package proposed by Alaska Governor Tony Knowles. Plan to use revenues from tobacco tax increase in 1997 to finance construction and repair of school buildings; Alaska's outstanding debt by July 1, 1998; Permanent reserve accumulated from oil revenues.
- Ketchikan to overhaul Tusty. // Alaska Business Monthly;Apr97, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p10
Reports on Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' selection of Alaska Ship & Drydock of Ketchikan to overhaul and repair the M/V Tustemena ship in the spring of 1997. Factors that won the contract for the Ketchikan shipyard; Knowles' efforts to help ease the economic crunch in Ketchikan caused by the...
- Legislative update. // Education Week;6/14/95, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p16
Presents an update of legislative action concerning educational budgets filed in different states for the week ending June 14, 1995. Highlights of Alaska Governor Tony Knowles' and Illinois Governor Jim Edgar's budget plans.
- Alaska agency would be freed from sunset under Knowles' bill. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p3
Reports on a legislative proposal filed by Alaska Governor Tony Knowles that would extend the bonding authority of the Alaska Industrial Development & Export Authority (AIDEA). Knowles' support for the elimination of the sunset provision for the agency; Scope of AIDEA's duties and powers.
- Minnesota Passes Budget-Repair Measure. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31388, p34
No abstract available.
- Hospitals fear repercussions of Boren Amendment repeal. Figura, Susannah Zak // AHA News;12/22/97, Vol. 33 Issue 49, p3
Focuses on the impact of the repealing of the Boren Amendment of the 1997 Balance Budget Act on hospitals in the United States. Use of existing administrative procedures process; Public hearings held to share proposed and final changes of the legislation.
- Washington, D.C.--another hit aimed at troubled companies. // Business Credit;Apr95, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p2
Reviews the provisions of the Bankruptcy Reform law and repeal of a tax code in the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993. Effect on small business reorganizations.