Shortfall Grows, But Kansas Lawmakers Balk at Raising Taxes
- LEGISLATIVE CHECKLIST. Wells, Rachel; Dunn, Jamey // Illinois Issues;May2010, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p8
The article offers information on various bills related to business, education, transportation, and sexual harassment. Small businesses will be eligible for 2500 dollars income tax credits for each new employee hired in the next fiscal year under the Small Business Job Creation Tax Credit Act....
- State Ballot Measures. // Education Week;11/12/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p18
The article provides information on state ballot measures related to education. An Arkansas amendment approving the use of lotteries as a source of revenue for scholarships and educational grants was passed. A measure to eliminate personal income tax in Massachusetts was rejected. A measure...
- Final offerings. Brender, Mark D.; Mandel, Jeffrey // CA Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 128 Issue 8, p30
Discusses the proposed amendments to the Income Tax Act in Canada. Curtailment of a capital gains deferral previously available on the death of a shareholder; Use of capital dividend account.
- 1997 income tax changes that take effect in tax year 1998 or later tax years. Fineman, Marshall L.; Preiss, Alan J.; Goldwasser, Henry; DeMeglio, Leonard; Kaplan, Steven M.; Fielding, John J.; Weinstock, Warren // CPA Journal;Jun98, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p72
Discusses a number of legislative changes to the New York State and New York City personal income taxes that take effect in tax year 1998 or after. Credit for residential solar electric generating equipment; Credit for employment of persons with disabilities; Employment Incentive Credit;...
- Taxing matters. Cox, Charles; Rutherford, Kevin // Overdrive;Jan98, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p17
Deals with changes to income tax laws in the United States. Includes an increase in the amount allowed for deducting depreciation of equipment; Benefits of medical savings accounts; Implications of the passage of the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997.
- THINK TWICE ABOUT TAX OPTION. Heine, Max // Overdrive;Jul2003, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p20
Discusses the income tax law in the U.S. Reduction of middle-income tax rates; Child tax credits; Marriage penalty relief.
- How to save on your taxes. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Mar1985, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p11
A rundown of the `highlights' of the changes in tax laws for 1984, products of the four major tax bills passed by Congress in the past four years.
- Income tax camel must stay out of tent. // Journal of Business (10756124);9/9/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 19, pA8
In this article the author comments on the legislative income tax bill in Washington known as Initiative 1098 in which he urged people to reject it because of its dangerous measures.
- Standardizing foreign income taxes. Peck, Joyce // China Business Review;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p12
Discusses provisions of the Unified Income Tax Law in China. Includes the replacement of the progressive tax rate with the flat tax rate; Elimination of withholding taxes on profit remittance; Tax holidays for more enterprises; Reinvestment tax refunds for enterprises with foreign investment;...