Disclosure Survey Surprise
- Moratorium on Internet Taxation Dies, But Could Rise Again. Rose, Andrew J. // Bond Buyer;11/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31753, p40
Presents a letter to the editor regarding a request to the Muni Council to reconsider original proposal for a secondary-market disclosure system. Controversy over the council's plan to anoint a single central facility and possibly establish a regulation to designate its use by filers; Change...
- NFMA's Alan Polsky Says Year Brought Muni Disclosure Gains. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31291, p1
Reports on the statement by outgoing chairman of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts, Alan Polsky on the improved secondary market disclosures as of December 2001. Views of Polsky regarding the issuers or borrowers who had financial troubles; Adoption of the practices recommended for...
- Issuers Question Need for Repeal of 15c2-12 Exemption. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31411, p4
Reports the doubts of municipal issuers on the necessity for the repeal of the secondary market disclosure exemption for debts in Denver, Colorado. Effect of exemption repeal on the short-term and variable-rate market; Refusal of director Monique Moyer to provide disclosure of variable-rate...
- Miami steels itself for SEC charges of faulty disclosure. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30587, p44
Reports on the United States Securities & Exchange Commission's (SEC) expected enforcement of action against Miami, Florida, in relation to the city's sale of bonds in 1995. Use of proceeds from the deal; Financial disclosure violations committed by the city at the time of the sales; Firms...
- Disclosure contract change by issuer in N.J. draws fire from lawyers. Hume, Lynn Stevens; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/12/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30413, p1
Focuses on the Borough of Buena Municipal Utilities Authority in New Jersey's changing of its continuing disclosure contract and reduction of its financial reporting requirements of revenue bonds issued in 1997. Amount reduced from the group's financial reporting requirements; Authority's...
- New York City's Law Department Seeks Bond and Disclosure Counsel. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;2/6/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33658, p6
The article reports on the request issued by the New York City Transitional Finance Authority and the New York Municipal Water Finance Authority regarding the proposals in providing bond counsel and disclosure counsel services.
- Slowdown in Issuance Sends a Lot of Buyers to Puerto Rico. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p32
Reports on the market appetite for Puerto Rico bonds in the secondary market in the U.S. Influence of the slowdown in municipal bond market on the performance of Puerto Rico bonds; Premium structure of the bonds; Basis points of Puerto Rico general obligation bonds.
- Top 10 secondary market bonds ranked by number of times traded[*]. // Bond Buyer;03/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30840, p6
Lists the top ten secondary market bonds in the United States, as ranked by number of times traded. Coupon; Maturity; Price; Yield; Date traded.
- A Lot of Interest in the New Secondary Paper. // High Yield Report;11/02/98, Vol. 9 Issue 42, p4
Reports on the secondary bond market conditions in the United States as of November 2, 1998. Increase in the overall trading volume; Bond trading performance of several issuers including NTL, Telewest Communications and BE Aerospace; Improvement bond performance issued in the steel and paper...