House Appropriations Leaders Offer Bill to Restore Road Funds
- Highways lose debate. Barnes, David // Traffic World;05/26/97, Vol. 250 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the US House of Representatives' disapproval of a legislative bill to increase highway spending. Extension of aviation excise taxes; Proposed cuts on the defense to accommodate spending on surface transportation; Opponents and proponents of the bill; Implications of the proposed bill...
- Money Questions Push Back Highway Bill. Friel, Brian; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;1/31/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p328
Focuses on the impact of concerns over the way in which the U.S. government would pay for proposed funding increases on markups of legislation reauthorizing federal highway and transit programs. Reason of Don Young, U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee chairman, for postponing...
- Highway funds in jeopardy. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/18/95, Vol. 235 Issue 12, p11
Reports on the US House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee's designation of a National Highway System (NHS), a 159,000-mile network of the most important roads in the country. US Senate's approval of two NHS measures; Extension of the NHS' authorization deadline by two years.
- ISTEA update. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;04/06/98, Vol. 254 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the collaboration of the House and Senate conferees to talk about differences between their competing bills. Reference to the passage of the Building Efficient Surface Transportation and Equity Act by the House; Information on the conference process; Identity of the reauthorization...
- PCA Applauds Passage of Multi-Year Highway Bill. // Rock Products;Dec2015, Vol. 118 Issue 12, p80
The article reports on the passage of multi-year federal highway bill Surface Transportation Reauthorization and Reform Act (STRRA) by the U.S. House of Representatives in November 2015 and the highway bill being commended by the Portland Cement Association (PCA).
- Highway Billâ€”With Key CU Provisions Intactâ€”Heads to Senate. Freeman, Lisa // Cujournal.com;12/3/2015, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Congress House lawmakers passed the five-year highway spending bill which includes important relief measures for credit unions.
- Highway Bill nearing passage. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner Blog;6/28/2012, p2
The article reports that the U.S. House of Representatives announced that a bipartisan deal on the new highway legislation will be passed. U.S. House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure chairman John L. Mica told that the bill will be passed before the end of the transportation...
- Boehner warns he'll take a detour on highway bill. Bolton, Alexander; Berman, Russell // Hill;3/7/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p1
The article reports that U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner warns that he will pursue the bipartisan 109-billion-dollar highway statute of the U.S. Senate, if the House Republicans still refuse his version of the bill.
- House Passes Infrastructure Package. // Traffic World;10/6/2008, Vol. 272 Issue 40, p14
The article reports on the infrastructure package passed in the U.S. House of Representatives. It notes on the $60.8 billion economic stimulus package that includes, finances for highways, bridges and other infrastructures passed by 264-158 vote which will provide money for transit and for the...