Pittsburgh Penguins Want to Replace Hockey League's Oldest Arena
- Pittsburgh Sports Authority Plans $300M for Hockey Arena. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;7/12/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32669, p35
The article reports that the Sports and Exhibition Authority of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County has planned to issue about $300 million of commonwealth lease revenue bonds to fund a new hockey arena for the National Hockey league's Pittsburgh Penguins. The budget includes development costs,...
- NHL's Fire on Ice. Berger, Robin // TV Technology;9/1/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the opening of the Consol Energy Center arena, a franchise of the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League (NHL) on August 18, 2011. It mentions that the center partnered with Pittsburgh Technology Council to offer cool stuffs such as video technologies and gaming...
- Pittsburgh Penguins. Grove, Bob // Hockey Digest;Nov97, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p38
Presents information on the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team of the National Hockey League. Details on the teams' performance.
- And you thought the penguins were done. Grove, Bob // Hockey Digest;Summer95, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p26
Features the Pittsburgh Penguins, one of the leaders in the team standing of the National Hockey League. Injuries sustained by players; Jaromir Jagr as the team leader; Improvement in the game by veteran Ken Wregget; Effects of not having Mario Lemieux on the team due to injury.
- Pittsburgh Penguins. Molinari, Dave // Sporting News;09/29/97, Vol. 221 Issue 39, pS-12
Focuses on the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team. Win-loss record; Retirement of hockey players Mario Lemieux and Joe Mullen; Goal tending concerns.
- Here's a winning ticket. McCallum, Jack; O'Brien, Richard // Sports Illustrated;02/09/98, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p22
Reports that the Pittsburgh Penguins were signing Jaromir Jagr and dropping season-ticket prices for the 1998-1999 season. Their desire to be perceived as fan-friendly in hopes of attracting more season-ticket holders; Comments from Penguins president Donn Patton.
- Pittsburgh Penguins. J.H. // Sports Illustrated;10/06/97, Vol. 87 Issue 14, p100
Focuses on the prospects of the Pittsburgh Penguins in the 1997-1998 hockey season. The retirement of Mario Lemieux; The hiring of Coach Kevin Constantine; Whether Jaromir Jagr can fill Lemieux' role; How Pittsburgh has the nucleus to be a playoff team, according to the author.
- Seven-year kitsch. Newman, Bruce // Sports Illustrated;10/19/92, Vol. 77 Issue 16, p9
Looks at the Pittsburgh Penguins from a monetary standpoint. A $42 million contract for Mario Lemieux; Hard to justify; Penguins' league-high payroll; Merchandising rights belong to the Penguins; Value of the rights; What the fans can expect for the next seven years.
- All the right stuff. Burke, Jerry // Hockey Digest;
Focuses on the all-round hockey players for the Pittsburg Penguins team, and the eligible positions which may be assigned to them on June 21, 1997. Comparison of the 1979 team with this year's draft; Reviews successful players in that year; Difficulties which may be encountered during the 1997...