Wisconsin's Fiscal Woes Affect Bonds
- WISCONSIN: Accord Up in Air. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p37
Reports on Wisconsin governor Scott McCallum's efforts to reach an accord on budget cuts with leaders of the state Senate and Assembly before calling a session on spending plan. Suggestions of lawmakers regarding budget cuts; Preference of lawmakers regarding a session; Billion dollar revenue...
- WISCONSIN: McCallum Meets. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p39
Reports on the efforts of governor of Wisconsin Scott McCallum to reduce the state's budget deficit. Estimated budget deficit of the state; Proposed reduction in the budget spending.
- WISCONSIN. Wirtz, Ronald A. // Fedgazette;May2001, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p14
Presents an update on Wisconsin as of May 2001. Budget proposals from Governor Scott McCallum; Population growth in northwestern Wisconsin.
- New guv takes hard line against more casinos. Wirtz, Ronald A. // Fedgazette;Jul2001, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p11
Reports that Wisconsin Governor Scott McCallum will not attempt to undermine Indian casinos as of July 2001. Status of a proposed off-reservation casino in a dog-racing track; Effort made by a tribe consortium against the disapproval of a proposed casino.
- Wisconsin's Hot Topic? Reforming the Budget Process. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/31/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31439, p36
Reports the reformation of the budget process in Wisconsin. Indication on the signing of Governor Scott McCallum into the law; Statement of the budget director David Schmiedicke; Assessment of the budget process.
- Wis. cuts: Too much, too soon. // Waste News;03/05/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p8
Editorial. Comments on the state budget proposal by Governor Scott McCallum in Wisconsin. Cause of the budget cuts; Opposition on the budget proposal; Reaction of the media toward the proposal; Effect of the proposal on the recycling industry.
- Wisconsin Faces Potential $558 Million Gap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p4
Reports on the potential spending gap facing Wisconsin in 2001. Release of the latest revenue predictions; Incoming Governor Scott McCallum's call to enact a mandatory spending cap tied to growth in personal income in the upcoming budget; Wisconsin state-level general obligation bond sales.
- Wisconsin Legislature Considers $1.1B Budget Repair Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31422, p3
Reports the proposal of budget repair legislation by the lawmakers in Wisconsin. Elimination of deficit on the 2003 fiscal budget by the bill; Request for the agreement with the proposed legislation by Governor Scott McCallum; Debate on the legislation by the Senate.
- Wisconsin Governor Walking Tightrope on State Aid to Municipalities. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31339, p36
Focuses on the plan of Governor Scott McCallum to cut shared revenue program in Wisconsin. Changes in the state and local finances; Reduction of structural imbalance in the budget; Credit rating of the state.