Steep Curve Fuels Nuveen's Plans for Eight New Funds
- Assured to Moody's: Raise Our Rating, Don't Drop It. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/17/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33698, p1
The article reports that according to Assured Guaranty Ltd. (Assured), Moody's Investors Service Inc. (Moody's) must upgrade its bond insurance subsidiaries instead of downgrading them. It mentions three factors cited by Moody which contributed to its review which are insuring less business by...
- S&P Bond Insurer Criteria Raise Hackles. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;9/1/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33576, p1
The article reports on the negative reaction of financial analysts and investors in the U.S. to the final criteria for rating bond insurance that was released by Standard & Poor Corp. It states that the criteria include leverage and capital requirements were not mentioned in the preliminary...
- U.S. CDO Sector Has Wild Ride in '06. Pyburn, Allison // Private Placement Letter;12/18/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p7
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. collateralized debt obligation (CDO) sector in 2006. Leveraged loan collaterals grew to an estimated $480 billion. In addition, the CDO sector also made incorporate deals such as commodities and municipal bonds. And with the CDO technology...
- Munis Remain Listless as Treasuries' Losses Weigh on Minds of Participants. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;7/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32172, p2
Reports on the current status of municipal trading in the U.S. Treasury market. Indication that municipals were marginally softer, with prices lower and yields higher by one or two basis points; Forecasts for continued participation by leverage accounts due to the relationship steepness of the...
- Stockton University, N.J., Downgraded to A3 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;5/26/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34314, p1
Moody's Investors Service said it downgraded Stockton University, N.J., (formerly Richard Stockton College of New Jersey) to A3, affecting the outstanding $234 million of Series 2005F, 2006F, 2007G, and 2008A bonds issued by the New Jersey Educational Facilities Authority (NJEFA).
- Bill would curtail Utah fund's plans. Fletcher, Meg // Business Insurance;03/30/98, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p30
Focuses on the expansionist plans of the Utah State Fund through legislation being presented to the government for signature. Details on the diversifications of operations by the quasi-state agency; Examination of the fund's expansionist proposals; Reference to the bill, H.B. 167.
- Understanding international differences in leverage trends. Remolona, Eli M. // Quarterly Review (01476580);Spring90, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p31
Investigates why leverage trends in the United States have differed from those in other countries. Global patterns of leverage; Theories of capital structure; Leverage-target behavior; Packing-order behavior; Conclusions.
- Effects of leverage on corporate investment and hiring... Cantor, Richard // Quarterly Review (01476580);Summer90, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p31
Presents evidence that increases in leverage at the firm level associated with increased volatility in capital expenditures and employment growth rate. How the potential effects of leverage are assessed; Characteristics of the data; Summary statistics describing the more and less leveraged...
- High-leverage loans have some benefits. Gavry, Chris // BusinessWest;May98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p54
Comments on the benefits of high-leverage loans to businesses. What is the secret of leveraging; What lenders do when reviewing a loan request; Key factor in determining the strength of a loan request; Analysis of benefits.