Texas School District Readies $80M Competitive Deal
- Dallas City Council Agrees to Hike Property Taxes, Cut Services. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31482, p34
Reports the move of the City Council to raise property taxes in Dallas, Texas. Percentage of the increase; Purpose of the initiative; Plan of the council to attain bond issue for 2003.
- Allen County, Ind., asks legislature to allow arena expansion funding. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/15/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30829, p3
Reports on the plans of Allen County, Indiana, officials to issue bonds for the expansion of the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. Value of the bond issue; Petitions for and against using property taxes to back the bonds; Final maturity of the bonds; Expansion plans.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p31
Reports global developments related to bonds as of October 2002. Improvement of the long-term property tax-backed warrants; Establishment of an independent school system; Realizable value of financial reserves on federal assets.
- CIP Bonds Pushed. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32247, p35
Reports on the campaign of a group called Madison First for voters to pass a property tax increase in the referendum to secure a bond financing for a capital improvement plan in Madison, Alabama. Significance of the tax proposal in protecting the residents' standard of living; Function of the...
- Michigan residents ask court to rule on sewer tax. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30637, p5
Reports on the class-action suit against communities in Wayne County, Michigan for property taxes imposed on residents to repay the county's sewer bonds. Conditions of a court settlement in 1994 involving Wayne County and the Environmental Protection Agency; Amount collected from eight...
- Cook County, Ill., refinancings will fuel property tax cut. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;04/21/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30376, p3
Reports that bond refinancings will enable Cook County, Illinois to proceed with property tax cuts. Upgrades expected from credit rating agencies; Steps taken by the county to balance its budget; Types of overhead costs slashed.
- Will growth bring lower taxes? Wolbrecht, Ray // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/23/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p4A
The author reflects on the 40% increase on property taxes in Kyle, Texas which opposes the road bonds.
- Michigan Town Eyes Big Tax for District. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/11/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33448, p1
The article reports on the plan of the town of Sylvan, Michigan to impose a steep property-tax hike on its residents to cover the payments on bonds issued to support the special assessment district.
- Whitman County votes $700,000 library bond issue. Nyren, Karl // Library Journal;2/15/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p96
Reports that the Whitman County Library in Colfax, Washington has won a $700,000 bond issue and a rise in the library property tax rate.