- Local papers are top choice for recruiting. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;6/11/2002, p4
Reports the preference of employers to use local newspapers than using other types of recruitment advertising in Great Britain. Popularity of specialist trade press; Decrease rate on use of national newspapers to advertise vacancies over the past 12 months; Utilization of available technology...
- Newspaper job ads flat in July. // Home Textiles Today;9/10/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p20
Reports the status of the Help-wanted advertising in newspapers in the United States. Assessment on the Help-Wanted Advertising Index on a monthly basis; Decrease of Help-wanted advertising in nine regions of the country.
- Sizable recruitment section. // Editor & Publisher;01/25/97, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p18
Reports that the `Boston Globe' newspaper's Recruitment Special section published on January 12, 1997 was the largest help wanted section the newspaper has published on a single day. Annual publication of help wanted sections; Number of advertisements and color placements.
- Largest single-day section ever. // Editor & Publisher;2/22/97, Vol. 130 Issue 8, p31
Reports that the January 12, 1997 issue of the `Boston Globe's Recruitment Special section was the largest help wanted section the paper has ever published on a single day. Comparison with the September 1996 Recruitment Special section.
- Battle for online recruitment market share remains tight. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/21/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 29, p13
Presents the result of a survey on recruitment advertising online conducted by Corzen in the U.S. List of major competitors for recruitment online; Online recruitment share of CareerBuilder; Competition between online newspapers and companies on battle for online recruitment market share.
- Interactive classified ad service launched. Webb, William // Editor & Publisher;10/28/95, Vol. 128 Issue 43, p38
Reports on the launching of a national interactive employment service called CareerPath.com on Internet's World Wide Web by six of the largest newspapers in the United States. Service as the most comprehensive listing of jobs on the Internet; Determination of pricing structure and marketing...
- Big help wanted section. // Editor & Publisher;10/19/96, Vol. 129 Issue 42, p31
Reports on the total pages of advertisements in the `Boston Globe' newspaper's Help Wanted section for its September 8, 1996 issue. Total number of advertisements.
- Q1 ad revenue forecasts revised, in sunnier way. Moses, Lucia // Editor & Publisher;3/25/2002, Vol. 135 Issue 12, p5
Forecasts the revenue performance of the newspaper publishing industry in the U.S. Influence of the help-wanted advertising section on the decline of the sales of several newspapers; Increase of the newspaper spending; Impact of the economic slowdown on the industry.
- Study: Classified ads remain most popular source for finding a job. Giobbe, Dorothy // Editor & Publisher;8/5/95, Vol. 128 Issue 31, p20
Reports on early results from a 1995 Newspaper Association of America study which indicate that newspaper classified ads remain the most popular source for finding a job. Factors being considered by Americans when looking for a new job; Steps that newspapers can take to help advertisers improve...