Mississippi Lawmakers Struggling To Pass House-Amended Bond Bill
- Welty studies: 1987-1997. Ladd, Barbara // Mississippi Quarterly;Fall97, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p715
Focuses on several books written about author Eudora Welty and her career for the period 1987-1997. Identification of these books and their authors; Year in which the books were published; Interviews and reviews on Welty; Authors of these interviews and reviews; Publication of bibliographical...
- Miss Eudora. Morris, Willie // Southern Living;Oct95, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p104
Features Mississippian author Eudora Welty. Volume of published works that connects intimately to hearth and home; Welty's influence on author; Description of house where Welty lives alone; Friendship with American writers; Recollections of hometown.
- `My way to learn writing.' // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jun93, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p12
Presents a question asked to Eudora Welty in the Introduction to her book `Photographs' about the relationship between her interest in art and photography and her call as a writer of fiction.
- The listening ear. Dawson, Marie // World & I;Oct97, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p274
Profiles American author Eudora Welty. Welty's rare understanding of her own creative process; Personal background; Published works; Career history; Unique elements of Welty's work.
- Imagining others' lives. Horn, Miriam // U.S. News & World Report;2/15/93, Vol. 114 Issue 6, p78
Profiles 83-year-old writer Eudora Welty, who has spent her literary life finding mythic dimensions in the most ordinary of lives. She was ignored for most of her career; She garnered a Pulitzer Prize and presidential medal, among other honors; Childhood; Education; Her books include `The...
- REMEMBERING EUDORA WELTY. // Humanities;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p47
Pays tribute to Eudora Welty, a writer. Inspirations of Welty in writing her stories; Books written by Welty; Honors received by the writer; Decision to rename the National Endowment for the Humanities Regional Centers initiative in honor of Welty.
- The political thought of Eudora Welty. Prenshaw, Peggy Whitman // Mississippi Quarterly;Fall97, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p617
Focuses on the literary career of Eudora Welty, while highlighting reviewers and critics who thought and wrote of her fiction as apolitical or non-political. Examination of Diana Trilling's reviews of `The Wide Net' and `Delta Wedding'; Reference to the essay `Must the Novelist Crusade?,' by...
- A Eudora Welty Checklist, 1986-2008. CHENGGES, CATHERINE HELEN // Mississippi Quarterly;Apr2009 Supplement, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p179
The article presents an extensive checklist of works by and publications that have featured the work of American author Eudora Welty from 1986 to 2008.
- Eudora Welty: Awards and Honors. // Mississippi Quarterly;Apr2009 Supplement, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p229
The article presents a list of awards and honors given to American author Eudora Welt including a Guggenheim fellowship, an Honorary Consultant to the Library of Congress and the Lucy Donnelley Fellowship Award from Bryn Mawr College.