Tax Expert Leaves Treasury, His Next Move Unknown
- Bush Taps Domestic Finance Undersecretary. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31093, p40
Reports on the plan of President George W. Bush to nominate Peter R. Fisher to become the United States Treasury undersecretary for domestic finance. Job responsibilities.
- MULFORD'S RETURN (ALMOST). // International Economy;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p5
Discusses the reemergence of former United States Treasury official David Mulford. Interest in returning to government service; Career history.
- Senate Votes Confirm 3 Treasury Nominees. Hopkins, Cheyenne // American Banker;2/16/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 24, p14
The article reports that the U.S. Senate confirmed three Treasury officials in February 2010: Mary Miller as assistant secretary for financial markets, Marisa Lagos as assistant secretary for international markets and development and Charles Collyns as assistant secretary for international finance.
- And Larry's Being Tactful, Too. Stokes, Bruce // National Journal;1/22/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p262
Talks about the performance of United States Treasury Secretary Lawrence H. Summers. Remarks from Robert Hormats, vice chairman of Goldman Sachs International; Personal style of Summer in office; How he headed off congressional criticisms; Challenges he would be facing in the domestic front.
- Treasury Secretary Quits, Raising Worries on Reform. SEIBERG, JARET; ANASON, DEAN // American Banker;5/13/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 91, p1
Reports on the resignation of United States Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin. Plan to appoint Deputy Treasury Secretary Lawrence H. Summers as Rubin's successor; Impact of the resignation announcement on the stock market; Concern about Summers' lack of experience on banking issues; Impact of...
- Gensler: Privacy, New Powers Should Top Treasury Agenda. Heller, Michele // American Banker;2/23/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 37, p4
Looks at the cheat sheet created by Gary Gensler, the former United States Treasury Department undersecretary, for his yet unnamed successor in the Bush Administration. Challenges and policy issues involved in the position; Possible agenda for the next Treasury Department secretary in 2001.
- Secret service veteran named to lead fincen. Barancik, Scott // American Banker;3/15/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 49, p4
Reports that James F. Sloan, a former member of the United States Secret Service, has been appointed to head the US Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (Fincen). Importance of the fight against money laundering to the law enforcement community; Background on the career...
- THE O'NEILL PROBLEM. // International Economy;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p4
Reports the decreasing confidence of President George W. Bush advisers on treasury secretary Paul O'Neill in the United States. Reasons behind the decreasing confidence; Contributions of O'Neill on U.S. policies; Statements of White House officials on the inability of O'Neill to head off the...
- Exposed shirt tails now in vogue. // International Economy;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p4
Highlights the role of Lawrence Summers, third Secretary of the Treasury under United States President Bill Clinton's administration in policy creation. Political influence; Comments on his late arrivals during meetings and on his manner of dressing; Policymaking during the last two years of an...