Nassau County, N.Y., Inches Closer to State Takeover
- Nassau County, N.Y., Debates Budget As Democrats, Republicans Sling Mud. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p4
Reports on the legislative proceedings on budget for 2002 in Nassau County, New York. Provisions of the bill; Arguments of Republicans over the provisions of the bill; Review of the bill by the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority.
- Nassau Watchdog Agency Leaves County's Finances Alone, For Now. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/3/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33443, p7
The article reports that the Nassau Interim Finance Authority (NIFA) has prompted the local government to provide additional local budget information before they will take action on the public finances in Nassau County, New York.
- NIFA Hovers Over Nassau. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/27/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33439, p9
The article reports on the plan of the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority (NIFA) to impose a formal control period in Nassau County, New York as deliberated during the December 23, 2010 meeting.
- Control Board Rejects $2.95B Nassau County Budget. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34414, p20
The article reports on the unanimous vote cast by Long Island's Nassau Interim Finance Authority (NIFA) on November 19, 2015 against the proposed 2.95 Billion Nassau County Budget due to the county's questionable revenue assumptions including anticipated revenue from temporary mini casinos.
- Judge Denies Nassau County's Injunction Request. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/15/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33482, p8
The article reports on the decision of New York Supreme Court Judge Arthur Diamond on the temporary injunction request of the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority (NIFA) to stop its supervision of the county's finances.
- Nassau Co. IFA Gets Double-A Ratings. // Bond Buyer;10/16/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30996, p2
Highlights the ratings received by the Nassau County, New York Interim Finance Authority prior to the market debut of its sales tax secured bonds. Rationale for the creation of the authority; Oversight on Nassau's budget process; History of growth for the sales tax revenues.
- Amex chairman leads pack of NIFA contenders. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/12/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 39, p!A
Reports on the candidacy of Salvatore Sodano as chairman of the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority (NIFA) in Nassau County, New York. Plan of Frank Zarb to step down as chairman of NIFA; Career highlights of Sodano; Role of Governor George Pataki to appoint the NIFA chairman.
- Overseer Says Nassau County Has Shown 'Delusions of Fiscal Balance'. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;7/18/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33550, p5
The article discusses the plan of the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority to prepare another budget proposal for 2011 to 2014 that will provide 225 million dollars in budget cuts after county officials rejected the multi-layer budget proposal.
- N.Y. Judge Temporarily Blocks Key Step in Takeover of Nassau Finances. PHILLIPS, TED // Bond Buyer;2/22/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33470, p4
The article reports on the decision of New York Supreme Court Judge Arthur Diamond in which he has blocked the efforts of the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority (NIFA) to takeover the finances of Nassau County, New York.