N.J. Governor Eyes Tobacco For '03 Plan
- N.J. Legislature Weighs Smaller Cigarette Tax Hike. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31907, p28
Reports that the New Jersey lawmakers were debating whether or not to reduce the per-pack increase on cigarette taxes as proposed by Governor James E. McGreevey's fiscal 2005 budget. Impact of hike of cigarette taxes on bonds; Assessment of the structure of the borrowing; Evaluation of the budget.
- N.J. Senate Panel, Awaiting Details, Sits on Budget Bill. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;6/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31415, p4
Reports the proposal of governor James E. McGreevey of a budget in New Jersey. Need for legislation increasing the cigarette tax to bridge the fiscal 2003 budget deficit; Lack of budget document available for the public to review; Assessment of alternative minimum tax on businesses.
- N.J. Eyes $2B Referndum. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p1
Reports on the consideration of a bond referendum issuance by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey. Total amount of bonds the Governor proposed to issue; Proceeds of the sale; Condition on the inclusion of the referendum in the 2004 ballot.
- Lighting a Fire Under Smokers. Taber, George M. // njbiz;5/26/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p12
Editorial. Comments on cigarette taxation issues in New Jersey. Amount of tax imposed in 1997; Details of the tax increase proposal of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey; Amount of cigarette taxes in 2002.
- With Its Credit Ratings Affirmed, New Jersey to Offer $490M of Debt. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p1
Reports that the New Jersey has sold new money general obligation debt and certificates of participation. Affirmation of the AA rating of the Garden state; Spending plan of Governor James E. McGreevey; Assessment of the structural imbalance.
- N.J. Schools Have Until Jan.1 to OK merger; $2B Deal on the Hook. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p4
Reports on the plans of Governor James E. McGreevey to consolidate three universities in New Jersey. Deadline imposed by McGreevey for the universities to declare their support for the project; Impact of the universities' expressions of support on the voter approval for a bond issue.
- Stadium Saga. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p37
Reports that governor James McGreevey has succeeded to cancel legislative bills related to the issue of bonds for the development of stadiums in New Jersey. Concerns of acting governor Donald DiFranceso related to the issue; Comments of DiFrancesco on the benefits of bills.
- New Jersey Bond Law Veto Called a Short-Term Delay. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/15/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31514, p6
Reports that New Jersey governor James E. McGreevey has vetoed a bill that would make it easier for local governments to issue refunding bonds and permit electronic bidding. Objections regarding issuance of local pension refunding bonds; Proposals made by Local Government Services; Other...
- The Real Scandal Is Illegal Borrowing. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;7/26/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p16
Focuses on the contract bonds adopted by New Jersey Governor James McGreevey and the New Jersey courts. Provision on public debt under the New Jersey Constitution; Information on the fund borrowed by the governor for the fiscal-year 2005 budget; Disadvantage of borrowing fund from contract bonds.