Getting Into Tobacco Habit
- Tobacco Bond Prices Drop Slightly After Illinois Appeals Court Hearing. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p3
Reports on the decline in bond prices of tobacco in the U.S. as of July 2003 following a law suit filed by an accuser. Details of the case; Impact of the case on tobacco bond prices; Comments of the analyst of Fitch Ratings Inc. over the issue.
- N.Y.C. to Restructure Tobacco Debt. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p1
Reports on the restructuring of the tobacco bonds in New York City. Plans of the city officials to finance ongoing capital projects; Need of discussing the alternative tobacco bond structures; Use of double-barrel pledges in selling tobacco bonds.
- Colorado's Big Smoke. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31753, p1
Reports on the issue concerning tobacco revenue bonds in Colorado. Amount of tobacco bonds that Governor Bill Owens wants for the state to issue; Budget for fiscal 2005; Distressed nature of tobacco settlement credit.
- S.C. Tobacco Securitization Yields Extra $16 Million. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p39
Reports that the state government of South Carolina generated more proceeds than expected from the sale of tobacco revenue bonds. Excess amount generated from the bond deal; South Carolina officials' plans of taking a break after such a successful conclusion to the state's bond transaction;...
- Texas: Hospital Aid. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31332, p28
Reports that officials from the Texas Comptroller's office are planning the transfer of $14 million of interest earned from bonds owned by Texas' billion-dollar tobacco settlement fund to hospital districts. Details of the loss reported by managers of the tobacco fund; Amount of tobacco income...
- IRS Ends Audit of 1999 Nassau County, N.Y., Tobacco Deal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31380, p5
Reports the conclusion on the audit of the tobacco securitization bond issue by the Internal Revenue Service in Nassau County, New York. Absence of imposing penalty; Queries on the use of bond proceeds; Solution to the budget deficit.
- IRS Ends Audit of Westchester County's '99 Tobacco Deal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p4
Reports the conclusion of the Internal Revenue Service audit on the tobacco securitization bond issue in Westchester County, New York. Retention of tax-exempt debt; Variation in the structure of tobacco financing; Recovery of working capital needs.
- UBS Report Sees Market Shift as Wisconsin Helps Run Up Supply. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p27
Reports the increasing volume of tobacco bonds in Wisconsin. Alteration of market dynamics; Expansion of calendar for tobacco deals; Projection of turbo redemption date.
- A Pool of Their Own. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31418, p1
Reports the participation of several California Counties to bid for tobacco settlement bonds issued by the California Statewide Financing Authority. Effects of the increase of stock prices in the municipal bond market; Price of the Series B bonds; Allocation of funds.