New Ansell CEO Boon appointed to firm's board
- Mixed year for Ansell as occupational sales boom. White, Liz // European Rubber Journal;Nov2003, Vol. 185 Issue 11, p18
Reports on the financial performance of Ansell Ltd. for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2003. Post-tax profit of the company; Earnings posted by its surgical and examination gloves division; Comments from CEO Harry Boon.
- Boon to retire from Ansell posts. McNulty, Mike // Rubber & Plastics News;12/1/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p4
Harry Boon will retire as managing director and CEO of Ansell Ltd. when his current contract expires on June 30, 2004. Boon, has been with Ansell in various capacities for 27 years and based at the company's Red Bank, New Jersey headquarters since 1997, a spokesman said. Boon was instrumental in...
- Searching to recover firms' lost CEO-selection process. Wackerle, Frederick W. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/23/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p11
Comments on the chief executive officer (CEO) selection process of corporations in the United States. Failure of corporations to select the right replacement; Cause of the failure; Considerations in the selection of CEO.
- Lessons in CEO succession can be learned from politics. Drake, Rodman L. // NACD Directorship;Mar1997, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p6
Offers corporate boards guidelines for choosing which chief executive officer (CEO) to appoint. Criteria for selection; Age as an important criteria for selection; Vision; Integrity; What employees look for in their CEO.
- Growing number of CEOs are coming from `without'. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/05/96, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p11
Focuses on the hiring of chief executive officers from outside of the company, rather that promoting from within. Scrutiny from stockholders and board of directors; Criteria selection; Comments from industry executives.
- More CEOs coming from `without'. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/05/96, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p11
Reports on the trend towards the appointment of chief executive officers from outside the companies. Major companies that have appointed chief executives who were not previously their employees; Comment by James LoRusso, managing director of Drake Beam Morin Inc.; Reason for the trend.
- Looking for a CEO? Look for early career signs of `leadership without portforlio.' Bruce, Harry J. // Directors & Boards;Winter97, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p20
Comments on a decision to be made by the corporate board in companies, to select a chief executive officer (CEO) who will provide the company with the leadership it needs. What a CEO should display; What is leadership without portfolio; Examples of CEOs.
- Innova installs Vazquez. Tegel, Simeon // Daily Variety;5/6/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 47, p6
Reports the appointment of Cablevision chief executive officer (CEO) Pablo Vasquez as head of satcaster Innova in Mexico. Role of Vasquez in the operations of Sky Mexico; Impact of Cristobal Rugama's death on the career of the CEO.
- Central Oriental names Ferullo president. // Furniture/Today;01/15/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p78
Reports the appointment of Mark J. Ferullo as company president of Central Oriental. Replacement of company founder Peter Burnham; Career background; Appointment of Gerald Weaver as national sales manager; History of Central Oriental.