New Ansell CEO Boon appointed to firm's board
- Mixed year for Ansell as occupational sales boom. White, Liz // European Rubber Journal;Nov2003, Vol. 185 Issue 11, p18
Reports on the financial performance of Ansell Ltd. for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2003. Post-tax profit of the company; Earnings posted by its surgical and examination gloves division; Comments from CEO Harry Boon.
- Boon to retire from Ansell posts. McNulty, Mike // Rubber & Plastics News;12/1/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p4
Harry Boon will retire as managing director and CEO of Ansell Ltd. when his current contract expires on June 30, 2004. Boon, has been with Ansell in various capacities for 27 years and based at the company's Red Bank, New Jersey headquarters since 1997, a spokesman said. Boon was instrumental in...
- Searching to recover firms' lost CEO-selection process. Wackerle, Frederick W. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/23/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p11
Comments on the chief executive officer (CEO) selection process of corporations in the United States. Failure of corporations to select the right replacement; Cause of the failure; Considerations in the selection of CEO.
- Lessons in CEO succession can be learned from politics. Drake, Rodman L. // NACD Directorship;Mar1997, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p6
Offers corporate boards guidelines for choosing which chief executive officer (CEO) to appoint. Criteria for selection; Age as an important criteria for selection; Vision; Integrity; What employees look for in their CEO.
- The vanishing director. Cordtz, Dan; Reingold, Jennifer // FW;10/12/93, Vol. 162 Issue 20, p22
Analyzes the practice of hiring objective nonemployee chief executive officers by companies. Lack of time as common excuse; Court cases as main reason; Upsurge in securities litigation; Lawyers'practice; `Business judgement'; Citing of Trans Union Corp. case.
- Growing number of CEOs are coming from `without'. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/05/96, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p11
Focuses on the hiring of chief executive officers from outside of the company, rather that promoting from within. Scrutiny from stockholders and board of directors; Criteria selection; Comments from industry executives.
- More CEOs coming from `without'. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/05/96, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p11
Reports on the trend towards the appointment of chief executive officers from outside the companies. Major companies that have appointed chief executives who were not previously their employees; Comment by James LoRusso, managing director of Drake Beam Morin Inc.; Reason for the trend.
- Central Oriental names Ferullo president. // Furniture/Today;01/15/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p78
Reports the appointment of Mark J. Ferullo as company president of Central Oriental. Replacement of company founder Peter Burnham; Career background; Appointment of Gerald Weaver as national sales manager; History of Central Oriental.
- 20 questions. Wyatt, Janice B. // Trustee;Sep95, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p24
Presents critical questions to help a company in selecting a new chief executive officer. Assessing the candidates' leadership ability; Communication skills; Team-building and empowerment; Motivating and ensuring results; Negotiation and conflict.