IMS North West members meet Australian ex Work Study Practitioner
- Future workforce. Goldberg, Beverly // Executive Excellence;Dec97, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p4
Discusses the importance of training and retraining employees to meet the demands of jobs that will need to be filled in the 21st century. Amount invested by major companies in employee training programs; Need for lifelong learning to become part of the culture.
- Maximize Training Dollars. Dotson, Connie // Quality;Jun2002, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p8
Discusses suggestions to manufacturers to increase the rewards on workforce training investment. U.S. companies' budget for formal training; Number one mistake made by companies when they set up training programs; Suggestion before assigning employees to a particular training course.
- Feet-on-the-Floor Guidelines for Using Technology in Training. Steele, Judith H. // Training & Development Journal;Sep84, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p22
Presents guidelines for investing in training technology. Training needs assessment; Types of training technology; Measurement of the technology's effectiveness.
- Trainers, Take Your Own Advice. Cummings, David L. // Training & Development Journal;Sep84, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p42
Discusses the skill required of trainers for creating a sound training program. Planning; Organizing; Directing; Controlling; Computer skills.
- Research Capsules. // Training & Development Journal;Apr87, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p82
Presents information on various researches conducted on employee training. Determination of the support of top management to various types of training methods; Examination of the feasibility of integrating employer-specific education-for-work capabilities into public service vocational...
- Practicum. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1984, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p12
Enumerates best practices in training and development. Product performance measures in the pharmaceutical industry; Tips for training older workers; Transfer of learning programs implemented by companies.
- Executive Summaries. // Training & Development;Aug99, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p65
Presents summaries of six training and development articles published in the August 1999 issue of `Training & Development.' `Free Agent Learner,' by Shari Cauldron; `Performance Consulting: One Organization, One Process,' by Thomas J. LaBonte and Jim Robinson; `Performance Improvement: What to...
- Eek, eek! Woodruff // Training & Development;Sep99, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p14
Presents news briefs on training and development as of September 1999. Factors that can make an employee feel as an outsider in an organization; Entertainment programs for children while parents attend workshops; Number of times people change jobs. INSET: News flash..
- issues. // Training & Development Journal;Feb83, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p6
Comments on papers published in the 'Training and Development Journal.' Behavioral approach in developing and effective disciplinary procedure; Evaluation of a communications training program; Cognitive approach to culturally appropriate human resources development program.