IMS North West members meet Australian ex Work Study Practitioner
- Selecting a Training Program For New Trainers. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1983, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p96
Focuses on factors considered by training directors when choosing an appropriate program for new trainers. Popularity of the in-house train-the-trainer program; Basic competencies necessary for the inexperienced instructor to perform as an effective trainer; Instructor competencies.
- Maximize Training Dollars. Dotson, Connie // Quality;Jun2002, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p8
Discusses suggestions to manufacturers to increase the rewards on workforce training investment. U.S. companies' budget for formal training; Number one mistake made by companies when they set up training programs; Suggestion before assigning employees to a particular training course.
- Effective training-functions management through a better understanding of its relationship to the product life cycle. Souerwine, Andrew; Schnidman, Ava A. // Management Review;Jan84, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p55
Advises executives on establishing training-function management programs through a better understanding of its relationship to the product life cycle. Shifts in the types and volume of training activities; Changes in the size and quality of staff; Importance of gaining an understanding of the...
- What do we need to know about a group before designing training for it? Bellman, Geoffrey M. // Training & Development Journal;Sep84, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the process of designing a training program. Group assessment methods; Customization of training; Application and evaluation of training programs.
- Trainers, Take Your Own Advice. Cummings, David L. // Training & Development Journal;Sep84, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p42
Discusses the skill required of trainers for creating a sound training program. Planning; Organizing; Directing; Controlling; Computer skills.
- Industrial Operator Training: Harvesting Content. Conger, George W. // Training & Development Journal;Sep84, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p60
Focuses on the development of training programs for industrial operators. Tasks and responsibilities of the operators; Operators' lack of knowledge about the larger process of producing and marketing a manual; Product information needed by industrial operators.
- Research Capsules. // Training & Development Journal;Apr87, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p82
Presents information on various researches conducted on employee training. Determination of the support of top management to various types of training methods; Examination of the feasibility of integrating employer-specific education-for-work capabilities into public service vocational...
- An Uneasy Look at Behavior Modeling. Parry, Scott B.; Reich, Leah R. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1984, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p57
Examines the advantages and limitations of behavior modeling, a widely used training technique. Details of the technique; Simplistic nature of the model; Lack of sound theories to support the models.
- Executive Summaries. // Training & Development;Aug99, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p65
Presents summaries of six training and development articles published in the August 1999 issue of `Training & Development.' `Free Agent Learner,' by Shari Cauldron; `Performance Consulting: One Organization, One Process,' by Thomas J. LaBonte and Jim Robinson; `Performance Improvement: What to...