Time for TEA
- Steady as she goes. Hardenbergh, Chop // JoC Week;1/7/2002 Annual Review, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p150
Focuses on container traffic in the Atlantic Northeast, the North American region encompassing New England and the Canadian Maritimes. Intermodal competition in the region; Decline in traffic shown by the region's three ports in 20001; Transportation providers' view that no economic revolution...
- American Trucking Association, www.trucking.org. Canary, William J. // JoC Week;1/7/2002 Annual Review, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p155
Focuses on challenges faced by the United States trucking industry in 2002. Suppression of freight volumes; Adverse effects of high diesel fuel prices; Motor carriers' review of operational aspects of their companies in the wake of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Crisis in the truck...
- Surface Transportation Board, www.stb.dot.gov/. Morgan, Linda J. // JoC Week;1/7/2002 Annual Review, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p173
Discusses the need for the United States surface transportation industry to ensure efficient, reliable and cost-effective service to customers. Heightened security measures faced by the industry as a result of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Provision of the level of security needed...
- Issues in Freight Transportation Regulation: Discussion. Robbins, Lynn W. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec79, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p1014
Comments on articles about freight transportation regulation in the United States. Failure of the transportation policy problem to address preconditions necessary to a systems approach; Problems associated with the competition between regulated and exempt carriers.
- Making room for even more precious cargo. Sundaramoorthy // Business News New Jersey;10/04/99, Vol. 12 Issue 36, p14
Examines opportunities and challenges for the freight industry in New Jersey. Impediments to growth; Areas of improvement in the movement of cargo in and out of the state's port region; Total volume of cargo moved through the state annually; Transportation problems related to cargo movement;...
- Transportation delays dent profits. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;10/8/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p3
Reports the importance of transportation on the economy in New York, New York. Effect of the terrorist attacks on the delivery of goods and services; Impact of the delays on freight related businesses; Steps undertaken by the Department of Transportation to ease the flow of traffic.
- Fine tuning. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Jan2008, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Wendy Leavit concerning green fleet of the month and another by Mike McCarron on marketing truck and freight services.
- Feeling stressed out? // Motor Transport;2/8/2010, p3
The article offers information on the Trucking Britain Out of Recession survey at www.roadtransport.com/britain.
- Belt line backed. // Railway Gazette International;Aug2003, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p474
Reports on the proposal to upgrade rail freight corridors in Chicago, Illinois. Value of the project; Terms of the proposal; Number of freight trains in the state.