The Diagnosis of Periprosthetic Joint Infections of the Hip and Knee The Diagnosis of Periprosthetic Joint Infections of the Hip and Knee
- What do you know about AAOS CPGs? Shuttari-Khan, Fareeha // AAOS Now;Aug2011, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p45
The article offers information on the webinar of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) on the development of clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) for the osteoporotic spinal fractures treatment on August 23, 2011.
- New CPG on diagnosing periprosthetic infections. Parvizi, Javad // AAOS Now;Aug2010, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on the diagnosis and the clinical guidelines approved by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Board of Directors for periprosthetic joint infection diagnosis. It discusses the needs of accurate diagnosis due to poor diagnostic method and the rise of joint...
- The Value of Intraoperative Histology in Predicting Infection in Patients Undergoing Revision Elbow Arthroplasty. Ahmadi, Shahryar; Lawrence, Thomas M.; Morrey, Bernard F.; Sanchez-Sotelo, Joaquin // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;11/6/2013, Vol. 95-A Issue 21, p1976
Background: The perioperative diagnosis of infection in the setting of revision elbow arthroplasty may be difficult to establish. Intraoperative pathology with histology for identification of acute inflammatory changes has been reported to be of value in revision surgery after failed hip or knee...
- AAOS supports new concussion statement. // AAOS Now;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p7
The article reports on the availability of a new guidelines on mild traumatic brain injury conceptualized by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) that recommend athletes suspected of, or diagnosed with concussion not to be allowed to return play in the U.S.
- New CPG Workgroup Forming. // AAOS Now;Nov2012, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p42
The article presents information on clinical practice guideline (CPG) on the Surgical Management of Osteoarthritis of the Knee, to be developed by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), for which the Academy is seeking volunteers to participate on a workgroup.
- Preventing Venous Thromboembolic Disease in Patients Undergoing Elective Hip and Knee Arthroplasty. Jacobs, Joshua J.; Mont, Michael A.; Bozic, Kevin John; Valle, Craig J. Delia; Goodman, Stuart Barry; Lewis, Courtland G.; Yates Jr., Adolph "Chick" J.; Boggio, Lisa N.; Watters III, William C.; Turkelson, Charles M.; Wies, Janet L.; Sluka, Patrick; Hitchcock, Kristin // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;4/18/2012, Vol. 94-A Issue 8, p746
The article presents a summary of the recommendations of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons guideline for preventing thromboembolic disease in patients undergoing elective total hip and knee arthroplasty.
- Management of Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injuries. Shea, Kevin G.; Carey, James L.; Richmond, John; Sandmeier, Robert; Pitts, Ryan T.; Polousky, John D.; Chu, Constance; Shultz, Sandra J.; Ellen, Mark; Smith, Angela; LaBella, Cynthia R.; Anderson, Allen F.; Musahl, Volker; Meyer, Gregory D.; Jevsevar, David; Bozic, Kevin J.; Shaffer, William; Cummins, Deborah; Murray, Jayson N.; Patel, Nilay // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;4/15/2015, Vol. 97 Issue 8, p672
The article offers clinical practice guidelines from orthopaedic surgeon organization American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) in the U.S. including radiographs, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and meniscal repair.
- New guideline outlines recommendations to reduce blood clots after hip and knee replacement. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;10/10/2011, Vol. 21, p293
The article focuses on the new clinical practice guideline released by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Board of Directors which outlines recommendations on how to reduce blood clots following hip or knee replacement surgery.
- CPG on OA Knee Treatment Disappoints. Rojer, David E.; Hak, David J. // AAOS Now;
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles "AAOS Approves Updated OA Knee CPG" in the June 2013 issue and "In the Top 100 Classic Articles, Where's Mine?" in the January 2011 issue.